These baby shower trivia questions are ideal to ask the prospective parents if you’re looking to have some fun when you all gather to celebrate.
We’ve broken this post into a few sections. First, we have some baby trivia to test what the parents know about babies and pregnancy. Then, there are more general questions aimed at the parents, with specific ones for the mother and father.
The aim of these baby shower questions is to provide some useful talking points to ask the prospective parents, as well as some trivia which you can turn into a fun quiz/game.
So, with that said, try your hand at this baby shower trivia and have some fun with your friends and family!
Table of Contents
Baby Shower Trivia Questions
1. What’s the first sense babies develop after birth?
2. How many bones does a newborn baby have?
3. How long does the average pregnancy last?
Answer: 40 weeks
4. At what age is the baby double its birth weight?
Answer: 5 months
5. Babies can do something that’s impossible for adults, what is it?
Answer: Breathe and swallow simultaneously
6. Around what age do babies tend to start crawling?
Answer: Anywhere from 6 to 10 months
7. At what age can babies recognise themselves in the mirror?
Answer: Anywhere from 18 months to two years
8. What percentage of babies arrive on their due date?
9. What color are babies able to recognize first?
10. Around what age can a baby start to smile in social situations?
Answer: 6 to 8 weeks after birth
11. At what age do fingerprints appear on a baby’s hands?
Answer: Around 3 months
Are You Planning A Baby Shower? Check Out This Awesome Baby Shower Game Set (Available On Amazon)
12. What’s the average size of a newborn baby?
Answer: 7 pounds, 8 ounces
13. On average, how many hours does a newborn baby sleep per day?
Answer: 16 hours
14. What’s the specific term for when a sperm and egg unite?
15. How heavy was the heaviest baby ever born?
Answer: 22 pounds, 8 ounces born to a woman in Aversa, Italy, in September 1955.
16. Babies can recognize their mother’s voice at birth but how long does it take them to recognize their father’s voice?
Answer: 14 days
17. How far can a newborn baby see?
Answer: 8 to 14 inches
18. At what age can babies taste salt?
Answer: 3 to 4 months
19. At what point can you bathe the baby?
Answer: After the umbilical cord is cut, an umbilical stump remains on the abdomen. Once this falls off, you can bathe the baby.
20. At what age do start to shed actual tears?
Answer: Babies can cry at birth but they can’t develop tears until they’re a month old.
21. Are babies able to yawn in the womb?
22. What pregnancy is the longest recorded in history?
Answer: 375 days
You might also like:
- Newlywed game questions
- Fun couple questions
- Mr and Mrs questions
- Wedding shoe game questions
- What if questions for couples
You might also like: Best friend quiz questions
23. Are babies able to taste the food their mothers eat in the womb?
Answer: After 21 weeks of pregnancy, babies can taste what their mothers eat through their amniotic fluid.
24. How much does a woman’s blood volume increase during pregnancy?
Answer: By 50%
25. Does pregnancy increase the symptoms of allergies in expectant mothers?
26. At what point in the pregnancy can a gynaecologist identify the gender of the baby?
Answer: 18 to 20 weeks
27. What’s the most common craving for mothers around the world during pregnancy?
28. At what age do babies start sitting up and holding their heads?
Answer: Around six months
29. What word is used to describe a baby’s first poo?
30. How much food should you eat while pregnant?
Answer: For most women of normal weight, it’s 1,800 during the first trimester, 2,200 calories a day during the second trimester and 2,400 calories during the third trimester.
31. Is blue the most common eye color for newborn babies?
Answer: False, more babies are born with brown eyes than blue.
32. Are babies born without kneecaps?
You Might Benefit From This Article: How To Plan A Baby Shower
Next: How well do you know me questions for families
33. What’s the highest number of babies born to a mother in a single pregnancy?
34. If you’re buying a pacifier in England, what would you need to ask for?
Answer: A dummy
35. What’s the Italian word for baby?
Answer: If the baby is a girl, it’s bambina, if it’s a boy, it’s bambino.
36. Does the brain of a baby double in size after a year?
37. How long does it take for a baby to recognise the difference between day and night?
Answer: On average, around 12 weeks
38. Are human babies the only primate babies that smile at their mother or father?
Answer: Yes! No other primate babies smile at their parents
39. What are the three least common months for births?
Answer: January, February and December
40. Do you know where the word ‘infant’ originates from?
Answer: It comes from the Latin ‘infans’ which means ‘unable to speak‘
41. What’s the percentage of babies that are born with birthmarks?
Best Baby Shower Questions
You might also like: Interesting conversation topics
42. What do you think your baby’s first words will be?
43. Who’s most excited about becoming a parent?
44. Will the baby say Mama or Dada first?
45. Who will sing the best lullabies to your baby?
46. Do you have any names in mind for your baby?
47. Who do you think will suffer the most from taking care of the baby at night?
48. Out of the two of you, who’d rather do household chores if it means the other takes care of the baby?
49. Whose idea was it to hold a baby shower?
50. Who’s going to spoil the baby the most?
51. Who’s been reading up the most on how to take care of a baby?
52. What changes have you made to your house in preparation for the new arrival?
53. Who do you think will change the most diapers?
54. What was your favorite nursery rhyme when you were growing up?
55. Have you thought about how having a baby is going to affect your work life?
56. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve had so far about becoming a parent?
57. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve had so far about becoming a parent?
58. Have you decorated the baby’s room yet? What color scheme did you go for?
59. When is the baby due?
60. Do you know the gender or are you going to leave it as a surprise?
61. Do you think the baby will look more like Mummy or Daddy?
Next: Mind blowing questions
62. Do you know what your first word was when you were a baby?
63. Who will be the most nervous when the labor starts?
64. How many children do you want to have?
65. What’s the first item you’ve bought for your baby?
66. Are you looking forward to dressing up the baby?
67. How did the two of you meet?
68. What did each parent weigh when they were born?
69. Which parent is likely to be the strictest?
70. Which parent is most likely to be the goofball?
71. Are your parents excited about becoming grandparents?
Baby Trivia Questions For Mothers
72. What excites you the most about becoming a mother?
You might also like: All about me questions
73. What worries you the most about becoming a mother?
74. What pieces of advice has your mother given you about becoming a parent?
75. What baby shower games were you expecting to see today?
76. Has motherhood been something you’ve been looking forward to for a while now?
77. What are you most excited about doing as a family when the baby arrives?
78. Do you have a preference regarding gender or are you not bothered?
79. What piece of culture from your childhood are you most looking forward to introducing your child to?
80. What have you been craving the most during pregnancy?
81. Has your partner taken good care of you during your pregnancy so far?
Baby Trivia Questions For Fathers
82. What excites you the most about becoming a father?
Next: Yes or no questions for couples
83. What aspects of being a father do you think you will struggle with?
84. Has your father given you any advice about becoming a parent?
85. Do you think you’ll emulate the parenting style of your parents or will you have your own approach?
86. What activities are you most looking forward to doing with your child?
87. Do you think you’ll be able to answer all of your child’s questions when they’re a toddler?
88. Would you prefer to have a son or a daughter or are you not bothered?
89. What sport can you not wait to play with your child?
90. What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of becoming a father?
91. Will you be a cool Dad or a strict one?
Looking For More Questions?
Campfire Questions – If you’re looking to do more fun activities, then these talking points to use around a campfire will come in handy.
Questions for Married Couples – Some questions for the mother and father to talk about in a quieter moment.
Deep Conversation Starters – If you’re looking for a serious conversation, then these are the questions to ask.
Disclosure: Thank you for supporting Questions About Everything. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning I may earn a commission if you make a purchase Please note this is at no additional cost to you.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.