These bible questions for kids are perfect to ask if you want to understand how much your children know about Christianity or encourage them to develop their faith.
There’s a lot of information in the bible and it can be hard for children to learn it all. This is where these kids bible questions come in.
They’re effectively a bible quiz for kids and allow you to gamify learning about the Old and New Testaments. Bible trivia for kids is an effective way to get them engaged in learning more about Christianity.
Whether you’re a parent looking to use these bible trivia questions for kids over dinner or a teacher looking to use them in the classroom, they’ll help children to better understand the bible however you use them.
Affiliate Disclosure: Thank you for supporting us. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please see our Advertising Disclosure for more details.
Bible Questions For Kids List
- Can you name all of the Ten Commandments?
2. What’s the last book of the Bible?
3. Can you name the four gospels of the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
4. How many days did God create the world in?
5. What was the name of the place where Adam and Eve lived?
Answer: The Garden of Eden
6. How many days did Noah live on the ark for?
Answer: 150 days
7. What’s the name of the town where Jesus was born?
8. What gifts did the Three Kings bring when Jesus was born?
Answer: Frankincense, Myrrh, Gold
9. Who did Jesus bring back from the dead?
10. By what method did Jesus die?
Have fun and strengthen the connection with your kids using this fun game (Available on Amazon): Little Talk Game
You might also like: Yes or no questions for kids
11. Who betrayed Jesus after the last supper?
12. Who visited Mary before she conceived Jesus?
Answer: Archangel Gabriel
13. At what age did Abraham finally have a son?
14. Why was Jonah swallowed by a whale?
15. How many days and nights did Jonah spend inside the whale?
Answer: He failed to deliver God’s judgement on the city of Nineveh
You might also like:
- Questions to ask a 5 year old
- Critical thinking questions for kids
- Philosophical questions for kids
- This or that questions for kids
- Open-ended questions for kids
16. What sea did Moses part?
Answer: Red Sea
17. From what country did Moses lead the Jews out of?
18. How many books are there in the New Testament?
19. What was the name of the Roman official who sentenced Jesus to death?
Answer: Pontius Pilate
20. Which religious festival celebrates Jesus’ resurrection?
21. What does the word gospel mean?
Answer: Good news
22. How many apostles did Jesus have?
23. What was Joseph’s (Jesus’ earthly father) occupation?
24. Where did Jesus grow up?
25. What language was the Bible written in?
26. What food is mentioned in the Lord’s Prayer?
27. Who received the Ten Commandments?
28. Who was given a multi-colored coat?
29. Who fought Goliath?
30. How many days and nights did Jesus fast in the desert?
Answer: 40 days and 40 nights
Next: Icebreaker questions for kids
31. What was the name of Satan before he fell from heaven?
32. What was the first thing God created?
Answer: Heaven and earth
33. Who baptized Jesus?
Answer: John the Baptist
34. Who asked Pontius Pilate for Jesus’ body after his crucifixion?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
35. What liquid did Jesus turn into wine?
36. Who murdered John the Baptist?
Answer: Herod Antipas
37. Who was the first apostle to deny Jesus?
38. What was the name of the first Christian to be stoned to death?
39. What did Jesus feed the 5000 with?
Answer: Five loaves and two fish
40. In what river was Jesus baptized?
Answer: River Jordan
You might also like: True or false questions for kids
41. Who wanted to kill Jesus while he was a baby?
42. How did Paul escape from Damascus?
Answer: A basket lowered through a window in the city walls
43. What disease did heal Jesus heal ten men from?
44. How many books are there in the Old Testament?
45. How were sins forgiven in the Old Testament?
Answer: Animal sacrifice
46. What’s the name given to the first five books of the Old Testament?
Answer: The Pentateuch (Greek), The Torah (Hebrew)
47. What bird did Noah let out of the ark first?
48. Where was Moses hidden when he was a baby?
Answer: In a basket made of reeds in a riverbed
49. What was the first plague that was sent upon Egypt?
Answer: The water in the Nile turned to blood
50. On what mountain did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
Answer: Mount Sinai
Next: Get to know you questions for kids
51. What island was Paul shipwrecked when he was making his way back to Rome?
52. Who survived by only eating locusts and wild honey?
Answer: John The Baptist
53. What was the name of a blind man Jesus healed?
54. Which king had the longest reign over the Kingdom of Israel?
Answer: Jeroboam II
55. What was the name of Joseph’s youngest brother?
56. What was the tabernacle for?
Answer: To worship God in
57. What was the secret of Samson’s strength?
Answer: His hair, he lost his strength if it was cut
58. Who succeeded Moses after his death?
59. Why did Cain kill his brother Abel?
Answer: Out of jealousy over God preferring Abel’s sacrifice over his
60. How did God first appear to Moses?
Answer: As a burning bush
You might also like: Fun questions for kids
61. Which catastrophe did Joseph save Egypt from?
62. Why did Moses break the stone tablets with the ten commandments inscribed on them?
Answer: Because people were worshipping a golden idol
63. Who betrayed Samson to the Philistines?
64. What did King Solomon build in Jerusalem?
Answer: A grand temple
65. Why did God reprimand Job?
Answer: Because he took the advice of his friends
66. Who did Abraham marry?
67. Who’s hand did Jacob agree to work seven years for?
68. Which woman married Moses?
69. Who gave birth to Moses?
70. What was the symbol of God’s promise to Noah?
Answer: A rainbow
Next: Never have I ever questions for kids
71. What was the name of Moses’ brother?
72. Who did Jesus tell a parable about?
Answer: The prodigal son
73. What was the name of the sea where Jesus calmed a storm?
Answer: The Sea of Gallilee
74. Who was known as the ‘Wise King’?
75. What’s the first book of the Bible?
76. What instrument did David play?
77. Did Jesus write any of the books in the Bible?
78. On what day did God create man?
79. What were the names of Noah’s three sons?
Answer: Ham, Shem, Japheth
80. What were the men trying to do at the Tower of Babel?
Answer: Reach heaven
You might also like: Would you rather questions for kids
81. How did Joseph’s brothers betray him?
Answer: They sold him to slave traders
82. What did Joseph’s brothers tell their father about what happened to him?
Answer: They said he had been killed by a wild animal
83. How many plagues did God send on Egypt
84. Which city’s walls did God make fall so Joshua and the Israelites could conquer it?
85. What did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines with?
Answer: A donkey’s jawbone
86. Who was the first king of Israel?
87. What was the name of the enemy that stole the Ark of the Covenant?
Answer: The Philistines
88. How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
89. How many wives did Solomon have?
90. Whose dream did Daniel interpret in Babylon?
Answer: King Nebuchadnezzar
91. Who let the Israelites return to their homeland?
92. How many brothers did Jesus have?
93. Who was Jesus tempted by when he went into the wilderness?
94. Where did Jesus walk on water?
Answer: Sea of Gallilee
95. What did Jesus do for his disciples at the Last Supper?
Answer: He washed their feet
Next: All about me questions for kids
96. What was the crown made of that Jesus wore when he was crucified?
97. Who cut off a soldier’s ear when Jesus was being arrested?
98. What was rolled away from the entrance to Jesus’ tomb?
Answer: A large stone
99. Who was crucified upside down?
100. What was the name of the city where Jesus’s followers were first referred to as Christians?
101. Who did Jesus drive out of the temple?
Answer: The money changers
102. What did the woman pour on Jesus’ feet at the home of Simon the Leper?
Answer: Expensive perfume
103. What was the name of the demon Jesus cast out in the region of the Gerasenes?
104. What was Matthew’s profession before he became a disciple of Jesus?
Answer: Tax collector
105. Who returned to Israel to build up the walls of Jerusalem?
106. How many kings of Judah were there?
107. Which famous Quen came to visit Solomon?
Answer: Queen of Sheba
108. What capital city did David abandon as Absalom approached it?
109. How many throws of his sling did it take David to hit Goliath?
110. What did David work as for his father?
Answer: A Shepherd
Looking For More Questions?
Questions for toddlers – A great set of questions to use if you want to encourage your toddler to start talking.
Conversation starters for kids – Questions that will encourage children of all ages to engage in funny and meaningful conversations.
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader Questions – Find out whether you’re smarter than your kids or not!
Disclosure: Thank you for supporting Questions About Everything. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning I may earn a commission if you make a purchase Please note this is at no additional cost to you.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.