These campfire questions are perfect to ask your friends and family next time you’re out in the wild on a camping trip.
Talking around a fire is a tradition that dates back centuries, and these fun camping questions will ensure that you and your companions have plenty to talk about.
We’ve included talking points on the outdoors, camping and plenty of other topics to ensure you don’t run out of conversation starters.
Use our great list of campfire talk to keep the conversation going around the campfire long into the night!
Campfire Questions List
1. What’s the scariest story you know?
2. Who around the campfire do you think would be best placed to survive a zombie apocalypse?
3. If you had to choose between hiking a mountain or kayaking for the day, what would you rather do?
4. Have you ever had a strange encounter with a wild animal? What happened?
5. What’s the most amazing place you’ve ever visited?
6. Where’s the best spot you’ve camped at before?
7. If you could go on a road trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. What’s your favorite environment to camp in? Beach, mountains, desert, forest?
9. What’s an adventurous activity that scares you but you still want to try?
You might also like:
- Deep conversation starters
- Questions to ask drunk people
- Questions to ask potential roommates
- Topics to talk about
- Good questions to ask
10. What’s the funniest story you know?
11. What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to you?
12. Name three historical figures you’d love to have dinner with?
13. Do you prefer to get up and watch the sunrise or watch the sunset?
14. Have you ever injured yourself while out in the wild? If so, what happened?
15. Do you enjoy spending less time with technology when you go camping?
16. If you could go on an adventure for a few months, would you leave everything behind and go?
17. What’s the best drink to have around the campfire?
18. What’s the one animal you don’t want to come across in the wild?
19. If animals could talk, which would be the most annoying?
20. What’s one item you don’t leave the house without when you go camping?
You might also like: Interesting conversation topics
21. Who do you think would win in a fight, a bear or a tiger?
22. What was the best thing about today?
23. What’s the most terrified you’ve ever been in your life? What happened?
24. What was the happiest day in your life so far? What happened?
25. Where do you see yourself in ten years’ time?
26. Would you rather cap at the beach or in the mountains?
27. If you could camp at any National Park, which one would you choose?
28. Which National Park do you think is the best?
29. If you could have any dessert tonight at the campfire, what would it be?
30. What’s your most memorable camping trip?
31. Where do you want to go camping next?
32. What’s your most prized possession?
33. What country do you want to go camping in the most?
34. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
35. If you won $1,000, how would you spend it?
36. If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
37. What are the top five items on your bucket list?
38. What’s your favorite time of the day?
39. Where’s the best place you’ve ever camped?
40. Do you think camping is better in America or Canada? Why?
You might also like: Questions to ask drunk people
41. What’s one item you can’t leave home without when you go camping?
42. What’s the one item you’ve always wanted to take with you when camping but never have?
43. What’s your spirit animal?
44. What’s your favorite hobby apart from camping?
45. Do you think it’s important to look after the environment while you’re camping?
46. What do you enjoy the most about camping?
47. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
48. What injustices in the world make you angry?
49. Have you ever thrown up in public?
50. If you could learn any skill, what would you choose and why?
51. Who’s someone you look up to?
52. Have you ever done a multi-day hike before?
53. Would you rather go hiking in the Himalayas or the Andes?
54. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
55. Have you ever considered completing the seven summits?
Next: Funny questions to ask
56. Do you think mythical creatures like Bigfoot are real or not?
57. Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain?
58. If you could pick any other decade to live in, which one would you choose?
59. Who’s your celebrity crush?
60. Can you do any funny impressions?
61. Did you ever run away from home when you were younger?
62. If your life was a movie, what would the title be?
63. If you had to be blind, deaf or mute which would you choose?
64. What’s the silliest thing you’ve been tricked into believing?
65. If the person to your right were a drink, what drink would they be?
You might also like: Rapid fire questions
66. What’s the best board game to play at a party?
67. If you could live inside any movie world, which one would you choose?
68. What’s the worst thing you could possibly say on a first date?
69. What’s the craziest thing that happened at your school?
70. What’s one celebrity that you find attractive but no one else does?
71. What’s the best country you’ve ever visited?
72. How do you normally start your day?
73. What scares you the most?
74. What’s the first thing you notice about someone when you meet them?
75. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Next: Deep questions to ask
76. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
77. How would you describe the person to your left in five words?
78. If you could say one thing to God what would you say?
79. What’s the first thing you notice when it comes to the opposite gender?
80. Are you happy where you are right now in life?
81. What are your favorite memories from childhood?
82. If there is an afterlife or you’re reincarnated what memory from this life would you like to take with you?
83. What’s one thing that doesn’t cost anything, occurs naturally, and always makes you smile?
84. What’s the worst place you’ve ever tried to sleep?
85. What’s your favorite way to relax when you’re stressed?
You might also like: Random questions to ask
86. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
87. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
88. If you could have one superpower, which one would it be?
89. Would you rather be really hot or really cold?
90. Have you ever been scared while camping?
91. If you could travel back in time, what period would you visit?
92. What’s the worst joke you’ve ever heard?
93. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
94. What’s your favorite thing to do when you have a day off work?
95. What’s the best activity to do while you are camping?
Next: Embarrassing questions
96. What’s your secret talent?
97. What’s the best prank you’ve ever played on someone?
98. What’s one place you’ve always wanted to visit?
99. What’s something you wish you were better at?
100. What’s one interesting thing about yourself no one really knows?
101. Have you ever had a recurring dream? What was it?
Looking For More Questions?
Open-ended questions – A good set of questions that will lead to some long-lasting conversations
Have you ever questions – If you want to get to know the people around the campfire better, this list will help you do just that
What if questions – A great game you can play around the campfire with friends and family