Conversation is important but when you’re in a relationship it becomes even more important. That’s why we’ve put together this list of conversation starters for couples.
If you feel you need to improve the communication between the two of you or you’re looking for things to talk about, these fun conversation starters for couples will help.
We’ve got a variety of topics covered from how to improve your relationship, intimate talking points and some fun talking points to lighten the mood.
These deep conversation starters for couples will ensure you won’t run of things to talk about. Putting your relationship on stronger ground as a result.
Best Conversation Starters For Couples
1. Do you think our relationship would suffer or flourish if we were in a long distance relationship?
2. Do you think time alone is a healthy part of any relationship?
3. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
4. Do you think it’s ok to cheat on your partner if you don’t get caught?
5. Do you think that couples counselling can solve relationship issues?
6. Can I change anything to make our relationship stronger? If so, what can I do?
7. Is the relationship between your parents one we should try and emulate or not?
8. Do you feel you can open to me about anything or there are topics you won’t discuss with me?
9. Are people that physically cheat just as bad as those who cheat emotionally?
10. Do you want to have children at some point in your life?
11. What’s one activity you’re eager to try out together as a couple?
12. Do you believe in committing to one person for the rest of your life or not?
13. When we’re apart, what’s the thing you miss about me the most?
14. Do you feel it’s essential to be transparent about everything in a relationship?
15. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
16. At what point in the relationship did you realise you were in love with me?
17. What three traits do you think are essential in a partner?
18. What book made the most significant impact on the way you live your life?
19. If we were on the verge of breaking up, what would you do to try and fix the relationship?
20. What’s a sexual fantasy you have that you haven’t fulfilled yet?
21. What childhood activities do you wish you could still do now?
22. What do you want your life to look like in five years?
23. Have you ever experienced a ‘why didn’t I do it sooner moment’?
24. Is there anything you don’t feel comfortable telling me?
25. If you were an alcoholic drink, what drink would you be and why?
You might also like: Never have I ever questions for couples
26. If there’s one thing I need to work on to be a better partner, what would it be?
27. If you had the chance to interview anyone past or present, who would they be and why?
28. Do you believe there should be gender-specific roles in a relationship? Or is it better to treat each other as equals?
29. Would you say we’re best friends?
30. Which part of the world would you love to travel to next?
31. Do you value my input on things even if it contradicts your opinion?
32. Would you be comfortable sharing your passwords with me?
33. Does your ideal Saturday night involve going out, or cosying up together to watch a movie?
34. Would you feel comfortable talking about your finances with me?
35. In what ways can we keep the romance flowing in our relationship?
36. Knowing what you know now, do you think we are soulmates?
37. What romantic movie could you watch repeatedly?
38. What do you remember about our first kiss?
39. Have you been in love before you met me?
40. What was your relationship with your parents like growing up?
41. Who are you closer to out of your Mom and your Dad?
42. What’s the most extreme thing on your bucket list?
43. What’s been the most extreme activity you’ve taken part in?
44. What values do you live by?
45. What’s the meaning of life to you?
46. Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what would you like to come back as?
47. What’s your fondest childhood memory?
48. What experience changed your life for the better?
49. What’s been our best vacation?
50. If you won the lottery, what would you do first with all the money?
Next: Questions for couples
Deep Conversation Starters For Couples
51. What’s stopping you from achieving your goals?
52. What do you think your purpose in life is?
53. Why didn’t your past relationships work out?
54. What makes me different to other people?
55. What are my qualities?
56. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
57. Have you ever been hurt by someone?
58. Have you got any regrets?
59. What do you wish more people knew about you?
60. What piece of clothing could you not live without?
61. What’s your idea of a perfect date night?
62. Do you believe in love at first sight?
63. How important is intimacy in a relationship?
64. What will be your New Year’s resolution?
65. What do you expect from your partner in a relationship?
66. What insecurities do you have?
67. What fears do you have about relationships?
68. Would you say your someone who gets jealous?
69. What physical traits do you find attractive?
70. What’s your opinion on people that cheat?
71. What’s your favorite doughnut filling?
72. What’s been your most embarrassing moment?
73. What are your thoughts on global warming?
74. How important is trust in a relationship?
75. If you had to pick a death row final day meal, what would it be?
You might also like: Would you rather questions for couples
76. What would be your dream car?
77. Tell me something interesting about your family history?
78. Have you ever called your current partner your ex’s name by mistake?
79. What activity helps you distress?
80. What do you expect from me?
81. What is always guaranteed to make you happy?
82. What would be the ideal place you’d like to go on a honeymoon?
83. What’s been our most awkward moment?
84. Would you like to have been raised differently?
85. What’s your favorite song of all time?
86. What song has a significant meaning to you?
87. What’s something you like that other people can’t stand?
88. Have there been any moments in the relationship where you hated me?
89. How do you balance work and relationships?
90. What’s more important to you, your friends or your partner?
91. What differences do we have?
92. Do you think we work well as a team?
93. What’s the most challenging thing you’ve had to overcome?
94. What can you remember about our first date?
Fun Conversation Starters For Couples
Here we have a section of light-hearted questions you can ask one another.
These fun questions for couples will have you laughing and giggling for hours on end!
95. Would you like a pet one day?
96. Do you think being in love can change you as a person?
97. If you could go back to your childhood, what would you change about your life?
98. Is your life now where you expected it to be?
99. What superhero powers would you like and why?
100. What’s your opinion on religion?
101. If the working week was four days, what would you do with your time off?
102. What are your thoughts on public displays of affection?
103. How often do you see your parents?
104. What’s our love language?
105. When was the last time that you felt old? What was the situation?
106. What’s the most painful thing someone has ever said to you?
107. What’s the biggest challenge we’ve overcome?
108. What did you notice first about me?
109. What was your relationship with your Mom like growing up?
110. What’s the best and worst part of being in a relationship?
111. How would you react if I missed your birthday?
112. What’s the best gift you could get me this year?
113. Would you still love me if I was broke?
114. When you first met me, did you tell any lies to get me to fall for you more?
115. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done while drunk?
116. Have you been in a life-or-death situation?
117. What’s been the worst injury you’ve sustained?
118. What makes you anxious?
119. What will our relationship look like ten years from now?
120. What are the small things in our relationship that you love the most?
121. What celebrity would you like to play you in a movie about your life?
122. When we’re away from each other, what do you miss most about me?
123. Where would be the worst country you could take me to?
124. What song reminds you of our relationship?
125. What smell always reminds you of me?
You might also like: Marriage counseling questions
126. What did your family think of me when they first met me?
127. Do you think our relationship will change after we have kids?
Dirty Conversation Starters For Couples
128. What makes someone good in bed?
129. What would you like to do more of in the bedroom?
130. What’s your opinion on dressing up and roleplaying?
131. Do you have a favorite song to play when having sex?
132. In your own words, tell me what makes good foreplay?
133. What’s your favorite position in the bedroom?
134. How do you feel about getting food involved in sex?
135. Would you like me to be rougher during intimacy?
136. Do you have an embarrassing sex story?
137. How often do you think we should be intimate per week?
138. If you could act out a famous sex scene, what scene would it be and why?
139. What’re your views on nudists?
140. Where, apart from the bedroom, would you like to have sex?
141. At what age did you lose your virginity?
142. Have you ever injured yourself while being intimate with someone?
143. What memory of us always turns you on?
144. Do you like me being slow and gentle or fast and dominating?
145. When did you last pleasure yourself?
146. Would you watch an adult movie together?
147. What’s been your worst intimate experience?
148. Would you mind me filming next time we have sex?
149. Would you like to introduce any toys into the bedroom?
150. How would you feel if another person joined us in the bedroom?
Next: Topics to talk about
151. Which of our friends do you think has the worst sex life?
152. If someone offered you $5 million to sleep with me, would you accept it?
153. What’s your opinion on me going to strip clubs?
154. At what age did you discover masturbation?
Conversation Starters To Ask Him
155. What video game would you like us to play together?
156. Who would win at a game of Monopoly?
157. What’s one sport I’m better than you at?
158. What would you like the kids to be called?
159. What type of food best represents your personality?
160. Do you feel you express your feelings enough?
161. Tell me more about your family history?
162. Do you ever look at other people you find attractive?
163. Would you get annoyed if you caught me flirting with someone else?
164. What’s the best way that I can show my love to you?
165. What’s a time of our relationship you try to forget?
166. If I was to make you your perfect late-night snack, what would it be and why?
167. What past decision changed the direction of your life forever?
168. What help and advice would you give to any man looking for love?
169. Who tends to win arguments between us?
170. Have you ever committed a crime? If so, were you caught?
171. What’s one TV show you could never get too old to watch?
172. Who’s the better driver?
173. What are some things you like to do alone?
174. What legal thing now should be made illegal?
175. If you could make an alcoholic drink, what would it taste like, and what would you call it?
Conversation Starters To Ask Her
176. When I speak to you, do you always focus entirely on what I’m saying?
177. If our child turned out to be gay, how would you react?
178. Would you rather have a career that pays exceptionally well but you have little time to spend with family or a poorly paid job with plenty of free time?
179. Do you believe there is a higher power?
180. What title would you give to a book that explained our love life?
181. If you could trade lives with someone famous, who would it be and why?
182. What would you most likely be famous for?
183. Do you have any hidden talents or skills that I don’t know about?
184. If you could speak to any animal, which animal would it be and why?
185. What reality show cast would you of loved to have been part of?
186. Would you move nearer to my family once we were married, even if it meant moving further away from yours?
187. What was your first experience of dating?
188. Have you ever experienced anything supernatural?
189. Would you expect your family to pay for our wedding?
190. If I could not care for myself anymore, would you still stay in a relationship with me?
191. What could be the worst way I could propose to you?
192. Do you ever worry about getting old?
193. What do you think I will look like when I’m 80 years old?
194. Do you still have any ex-partners as friends on social media?
195. How long could you live without your phone?
196. What do you want to do when we retire?
197. If you were famous on YouTube, what would you be known for?
198. Who would last longer on a desert island?
199. Would you instead go a month without coffee or a month without your mobile phone?
200. What’s your favorite film on Apple TV?
Looking For More Questions?
How well do you know me questions for couples – Find out how much you really know about your partner with these questions.
Get to know you questions for couples – If you’re a new couple, or even if you’ve been together for a while, these questions will help you get to know your better half.
Most likely to questions for couples – Discover what your partner really thinks of you with this selection of talking points!