Going on a date with someone for the first time and looking for some light-hearted topics to talk about?
These funny first date questions are what you need! First dates can make anyone nervous but finding ways to lighten the mood and make your date relax and open up makes the experience more enjoyable for the pair of you.
Our list of funny questions to ask on a first date will do exactly that. They’ll have your date smiling from ear to ear and laughing hysterically in some cases!
These fun first date questions are designed to create a connection between the two of you and we hope that’s exactly what they do for you!
Give them a try on your next date!
Funny First Date Questions List
1. Do you think you’ll call me after this date or run a mile?
2. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’re afraid of?
3. How old would someone have to be for you not to date them?
4. Have you ever been on the receiving end of a practical joke?
5. Have you ever fancied a cartoon character? If so, who?
6. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve done to impress someone you like?
7. Have you ever drunk texted anybody you wish you shouldn’t have?
8. What’s the longest amount of time you would leave food on the floor before it was too late to eat it?
9. Have you ever sent a text or email to someone you were bitching about by accident?
10. What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on a first date?
11. If you had to pick one song to perform at karaoke, which one would you choose?
12. What’s the worst joke you’ve ever told to someone?
13. Which famous figure do you find attractive that most people aren’t into?
14. What’s the weirdest thing you did as a child that you’re embarrassed by today?
15. Are there any accents you’re able to mimic? Can I hear your impression?
16. What’s the worst nickname someone has ever called you?
You might also like: Flirty first date questions
17. Would you prefer to ride a rollercoaster or visit a haunted house?
18. Who’s the first celebrity you were attracted to when you were a child?
19. How long could you survive without your phone?
20. Have you ever pretended to have a good time when you’ve not enjoyed yourself?
21. What’s the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
22. What’s the last thing you got the giggles over that you really shouldn’t have?
23. If you could switch genders today, what would be the first thing you’d do?
24. What was your very first impression of me, in one word? Don’t hold back!
25. What item of clothing do people wear that you wouldn’t be seen dead in?
26. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for a day, who would it be, and what would you do?
27. Have you ever been in a food fight?
28. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in the name of love?
29. Have you ever had somebody call you the wrong name and not had the heart to correct them? If so, what did they call you?
30. Why are you still single?
31. How many Cheetos do you think you could fit into your mouth?
32. What would be your chosen superpower?
You might also like: Second date questions
33. What’s the weirdest thing you have ever done that makes you feel embarrassed to talk about?
34. Are you a hopeless romantic, or are you a tough nut to crack?
35. What’s the funniest injury you have ever been to the hospital with?
36. What would you call yourself if you were a DJ?
37. Do you think dogs or cats are more intelligent?
38. Do you know how incredible your eyes are?
39. Where could we go after this?
40. Do you fancy going on a big adventure with me?
41. What’s on your mind right now about this date?
42. Are you feeling butterflies in your stomach right now?
43. If you had to choose a song to describe your life right now, what would you choose?
44. Do you feel like you could fall in love tonight?
45. If you had 48 hours to live, how would you spend it?
46. If you could drink one alcoholic drink and not get drunk, what would it be?
47. Do you think I look the same as my social media profile picture?
48. Do you talk to your pets? What do you say to them?
You might also like: Questions to ask on a third date
49. What’s the longest lie-in you have ever had?
50. What’s your favorite hangover food?
51. What smell of alcohol reminds you of a bad night on liquor?
52. How quickly do you eat the popcorn at the movie theatre?
53. Do your best impression of me based on what you know of me so far?
54. Have you ever been told you look like anyone famous?
55. How many selfies do you take in order to find the perfect selfie?
56. What Halloween costume suits your personality best?
57. Did you ever practice kissing with your friends?
58. Have you ever had a celebrity crush so intense you’ve cried when they got a boyfriend/girlfriend?
59. What item would you not part with even if you paid a million dollars?
60. Is there anything you wouldn’t do for a million dollars?
61. What’s the cringiest thing you’ve ever googled?
62. Have you ever laughed so hard you wet yourself?
63. Have you ever not made it to the toilet on the drive home?
64. Have you ever lied about your name?
65. Do you like swimming?
66. What are your bad habits?
67. Do you have any annoying habits you’d like to change about yourself?
68. What’s your most prized possession?
69. What Netflix show have you binge-watched?
70. What would you spend $10,000 on right now?
71. Have you ever bought anything and regretted it immediately after?
72. What’s the fanciest thing you own?
73. Are you good at being alone?
74. Do you consider yourself a trouble maker?
75. What did you normally get told off for when you were young?
76. Are there any embarrassing songs you love, but others hate?
77. Have you got a claim to fame?
78. What motto do you live by?
79. What food would you guess is my favourite food?
80. What was your first kiss like?
81. Who’s your celebrity crush?
82. What’s the coolest thing you have ever done?
83. What do you think you are really bad at and will never get good at?
84. Do you believe in love at first sight?
85. If you had to give me your one best piece of advice, what would it be?
86. What’s the worst advice you have ever received?
87. Do you have any secret hidden talents?
88. What really gets on your nerves?
89. Have you ever learnt the choreography for a music video, and if so, which one?
90. How did you feel when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
91. Do you like drunk texting?
92. Have you ever left ghosted someone on purpose?
93. Do you always wash your hands when you use a restroom?
94. How often do you floss?
95. How often do you tell a white lie to make a story sound more interesting?
96. When was the last time you received a call but pretended you didn’t have your phone on you?
97. Is there anything about your personality that others always comment on?
98. How often do you cry, and do you think it is OK to cry in front of others?
99. Have you ever lied on your CV or in a job interview?
100. Have you ever texted a random person just for fun?
101. Do you think that soul mates are a thing?
102. Are you always optimistic?
103. What’s always guaranteed to make you laugh?
104. If you had to give me a PowerPoint presentation right now on one subject, what would you be able to do with ease?
105. How many times in the last week have you been told how amazing you are?
106. Have you ever beeped your horn at someone and then regretted it as they were elderly?
107. Do you ever get angry on the road?
108. Do you consider yourself a patient person?
109. When you are procrastinating, what do you usually do to avoid the thing you’re meant to be doing?
110. If you could choose one age to go back to, what would it be?
111. Have you ever woken up in someone else’s bed?
112. How many times have you turned up late to something and lied about the reason?
113. If you were going to be sacked from your job, what would it most likely be for?
114. Do you ever take afternoon naps?
115. Have you ever died your hair and pretended it was your real colour?
116. Why do you think that people are so mean to vegans?
117. Have you ever received a surprise that you knew was coming and then had to pretend you didn’t? What happened?
118. Do you agree with peeing in the shower, or is it wrong?
119. Can you play the recorder?
120. Have you ever recorded yourself singing?
121. What’s your go-to song for singing in the shower?
122. What are you scared of that most people don’t find scary?
123. Are there any weird food combinations that you love, but I would find strange?
124. Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?
125. Have you ever had a bird poop on your head?
126. Do you have any good luck rituals you carry out before you do something important?
127. What do you say to yourself when you are nervous to calm yourself down?
128. What’s the best joke you’ve got?
129. Why do you think Cinderella’s shoe fell off her if it fits so perfectly?
130. What’s a body trait that you find sexy that others aren’t bothered about?
131. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher in school?
132. Have you ever had a crush on a friend’s parent?
133. What was the weirdest habit you had as a child?
134. What did your parents want you to be when you grew up?
135. Did you ever want to be something extraordinary when you grew up?
Looking For More Questions?
Questions to ask your crush – Got a crush on someone? Here are some useful questions you can ask to get closer to them.
Speed dating questions – Going to speed dating? Find out the best questions to create a connection in a couple of minutes.