These get to know you questions for kids are brilliant if you want to get your children talking more about the things they like, and don’t like.
Children aren’t afraid of expressing how they feel. If you know the best questions to ask kids to get to know them, then you can find out a lot about how they see the world.
We’ve compiled a useful list of getting to know you questions for kids so you can find out what makes your children, or those you teach, tick.
For that purpose, we’ve included a range of questions from the basic to the profound to the downright ridiculous to help you get to know them!
Get To Know You Questions For Kids List
- If you could visit any planet in the solar system, which one would it be?
2. What’s your favorite time of the year?
3. If you could change your name, what would you call yourself?
4. Would you rather have a pet dragon or a pet dinosaur?
5. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What’s the one sport you’d love to play professionally if you could?
8. If you could have a sixth sense, what would it be?
9. If you had to choose a song to describe yourself, which one would you choose?
10. What’s the most annoying thing about having a brother or sister?
You might also like: This or that questions for kids
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
12. What would you like to be when you grow up?
13. If you could be transformed into any animal, which one would it be and why?
14. Do you prefer cold or warm weather?
15. What’s your favorite thing to do inside when it’s too wet to go outside?
You might also like:
- Icebreaker questions for kids
- Questions to ask a 5 year old
- Open-ended questions for kids
- All about me questions for kids
- Would you rather questions for kids
16. If you were stranded on a desert island, what five items would you want with you?
17. Who do you think would win in a fight between a lion and a polar bear?
18. If you could speak another language perfectly, which one would it be?
19. What’s your favorite arts and crafts activity to do?
20. If you could paint a picture of anyone in the world, who would it be?
You might also like: Fun questions for kids
21. Would you rather know sign language or be an expert on reading lips?
22. What’s your favorite thing about your parents?
23. What’s the one smell you love the most?
24. If your favorite toy could talk, what would it say?
25. Do you think it would be more fun to go hiking or kayaking?
26. What’s the silliest sound you can make?
27. If you could go on holiday to one country, which one would it be?
28. Would you rather be as tall as a giraffe or as small as an ant?
29. If you could combine two animals to make a new animal, which ones would you choose?
30. What are the best ways to show someone you love them?
Next: Philosophical questions for kids
31. Do you play any musical instruments?
32. What’s your favorite song to dance to?
33. If your parents gave you $100, what would you spend it on?
34. Would you rather have an unlimited supply of pizza or an unlimited supply of ice cream?
35. What’s one thing you’re desperate to learn?
36. What’s your favorite subject at school?
37. When was the last time you made someone smile?
38. What’s your favorite thing about visiting your Grandparents?
39. What’s your favorite thing to do with your friends?
40. If you could be any Disney character, which one would you be?
You might also like: Never have I ever questions for kids
41. What would be the most interesting to witness: a tornado or an exploding volcano?
42. If you could swap places with anyone in the world, who would it be?
43. What you would say if you met an alien?
44. If you could invent something to make your life easier, what would it be?
45. Have you ever laughed so hard your tummy hurt? What were you laughing about?
46. If you could be transported back in time, what period would you like to visit?
47. If dinosaurs were found on a faraway island, would you visit or not?
48. Do you think it would be more fun to be a pirate or a ninja?
49. Who’s your favorite Disney princess?
50. What do you like the most about your best friend?
Next: Conversation starters for kids
51. If you could have any animal as a pet, which one would you choose?
52. If your pet could talk, what would it say?
53. Which of these would you least like to meet: a ghost or a vampire?
54. What do you like the most about having siblings?
55. Do you like insects or are you not a fan?
56. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re off school?
57. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
58. If you had a secret hideout, where would it be and what would you keep inside it?
59. If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be?
60. If you had a pet parrot, what would you teach it to say?
You might also like: Most likely to questions for kids
61. Who’s your favorite cartoon character?
62. What’s your biggest fear?
63. What’s the happiest memory you have?
64. What makes you sad?
65. Do you prefer to eat sweet or savory food?
66. If you could change anything about your family, what would it be?
67. Who’s your favorite superhero?
68. What’s your favorite type of weather?
69. What’s the best dream you’ve ever had?
70. If you were a teacher, what would you teach your students?
71. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
72. What do you like the most about where you live?
73. If you could learn any subject at school, what would it be?
74. What’s your favorite thing to eat at breakfast?
75. What’s your favorite book?
76. What’s your favorite board game?
77. If you could fly, where’s the first place you’d go?
78. What’s the best thing about riding a bike?
79. If you had to write a song about your parents, what would the lyrics look like?
80. If you had to dress up as any character for Halloween, who would you choose?
Next: Yes or no questions for kids
81. What’s your favorite color?
82. Which do you prefer: Christmas or your birthday?
83. Would you rather have long hair like Rapunzel or be blue like Smurfette?
84. If you had a time machine, would you go into the past or the future?
85. Do you have any siblings?
86. What do you think is the best job in the world?
87. What’s something you’re really good at?
88. What’s your favorite dessert?
89. What’s the most important lesson you’ve ever learned?
90. If you could make a new law, what would it be?
You might also like: Critical thinking questions for kids
91. Would you rather venture into outer space or dive to the deepest depths of the ocean?
92. What’s something you’re not allowed to do, you wish you could do?
93. What’s something you think you could be a lot better at?
94. What’s your best dance move?
95. What’s your favorite toy to play with?
96. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
97. What do you look forward to the most when you get home from school?
98. What’s your favorite way to relax?
99. Would you rather go bowling or play laser tag?
100. Do you think it would be fun to be able to speak 10 languages?
Looking For More Questions?
Questions for toddlers – If you want some questions for any younger children you have, this is the list for you.
True or false questions for kids – If you’re for looking questions to include in a quiz, these ones are perfect.
Bible questions for kids – Find out how your children know about the Bible with this set of questions.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.