Good questions to ask are those that spark interesting and lively conversations with people you know and those you don’t too.
We have a range of good things to talk about with people that range from questions on societal issues to some random talking points that are sure to lead to lots of laughter.
The aim of these interesting questions to ask is to get to know someone better or to have an interesting conversation with someone you already do.
Our selection of questions will ensure that no matter who you ask these questions to, the conversations that result will be fascinating and fun!
Good Questions To Ask List
- When in life do you feel the most fulfilled?
2. If you could achieve your dream and do any job you wanted for the rest of your life, but could never retire, would you?
3. Is there a food you’ve never tried, but tell people you don’t like because you think it looks too icky?
4. What’s something you have to pay for you think should be provided for free by the government? What’s something we get for free you think the government should privatize?
5. Which friend has had the greatest influence on your life, either for better or worse?
6. Do you think there’s intelligent life out there in the universe? What about deep under the sea?
7. If you could go back and re-do life from a certain point, would you?
8. What song brings on a feeling of nostalgia every time you hear it?
9. What’s the most unique place you’ve visited? What made it so unique?
10. When you were a child, what was something you thought would be awesome about being an adult, but turned out to be a letdown?
You might also like:
- Open-ended questions
- Dumb questions
- Juicy questions
- Deep conversation starters
- Questions to get to know someone
11. What thing that’s considered normal in your country would be seen as bizarre by people in most other countries?
12. Have you ever had a near-death experience or serious accident?
13. What’s the strangest experience you’ve been through? Can you explain all of it?
14. What’s the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done? What’s something dangerous you want to do, or would never do?
15. What’s the most creative way you’ve asked someone out?
16. If you could increase or decrease some part of your personality, what would you change?
17. What was the most serious accident you’ve been in?
18. What was the biggest coincidence that’s ever happened in your life?
19. Have you ever overheard something you shouldn’t have and not known what to do with it? Without gossiping or giving away names, what happened?
20. What’s something you know to be true, but still can’t believe?
21. If animals could talk, which animal would have the most interesting things to say?
You might also like: Have you ever questions
22. Who would play you in a movie about your life? Who would play me?
23. Are you someone who relies a lot on others or is incredibly independent? In what ways is that good, and in what ways it is not?
24. If you lived on a desert island with an alternate version of yourself from another dimension, do you think you would get on? How different or similar would they have to be to you?
25. What’s your favorite Saturday activity, day or night?
26. Do you believe in God? If not, how did we come to exist? If so, what happens when we die?
27. What was the most influential movie you watched growing up?
28. What would be your plan for surviving prison, if you were convicted of a crime and sent there?
29. What’s the best thing your parents passed on to you?
30. What terrible thing in history has accrued huge benefits for the world?
31. When was the last time you ‘turned over a new leaf’, when you started something new or a new era of your life?
32. Who’s your best friend? Have they always been your best friend? If not, who used to be, and what happened?
33. Are you a risk-taker or do you play things safely? Do you like this about yourself?
34. If you had a week to live, what would you do with it?
35. Who was your first love? Did you ever ask them out or date them? What happened?
36. What’s the worst thing about your job?
37. What’s a skill you’ve always wanted to learn? What’s stopping you?
38. Do you or have you ever had any nicknames? What were they?
39. Is there a book or movie you’ve been meaning to read or watch for ages but have yet to?
40. Are you a procrastinator or are you very focused? If you are, how do you manage it?
41. What’s something unsaid that everyone knows in your friendship group? Why is it unsaid?
Next: Philosophical questions
42. Id space travel became a normal part of life, what part of the solar system would you like to visit?
43. What do you think about most when you lay awake at night?
44. How have your siblings or lack of siblings affected your life?
45. Is there anything you’re secretly or not so secretly addicted to, that is socially acceptable (or not acceptable)?
46. Which of your friends is most like a rodent?
47. What’s the best party you’ve ever been to? What made it so great?
48. Which sense is your favorite and the one you’d least like to lose?
49. Are you very bothered about your appearance or do you not care how you look?
50. Is there something you thought was true till very recently, and have found out is total nonsense?
51. What do you spend too much money on? Do you think you’ll stop?
52. How do you consume the news? A newspaper, TV channel, or YouTube?
53. What’s something you do regularly that gives you anxiety or makes you nervous?
54. Do you think conflict is helpful or hindering?
55. What about yourself do you think you need to improve?
56. Do you have a very structured day or play a lot of your time by ear?
57. Is there something someone has done you feel you will never be able to forgive? Is this a matter of principle? Do you feel this hangs over you in any way?
58. Do you take compliments well or push them away? Why do you think that is?
59. How important are religion, politics, or social justice to you?
60. If you gained millions, do you think you’d spend a lot on charity? Do you actually think you would?
61. What was your best day at your job?
You might also like: Rapid-fire questions
62. What have we lived through that future generations will not believe happened?
63. What’s been something that you hated doing but now absolutely love doing?
64. What do you think there needs to be a referendum on in this country? How realistic is it that there will be one?
65. What activities do you play music too?
66. What’s the most important thing that society as a whole should be working towards? Achieving net-zero? Ending homelessness? Eradicating poverty (which by the way has improved more than people thought it would in the last few decades)?
67. What’s been your biggest shift in morality? What did you think was wrong, but now think is right, or vice versa?
68. Have you ever been fired or quit dramatically in some way? What happened?
69. If you could recreate dinosaurs as the scientists did in Jurassic Park, would you do it?
70. Is there a crime you’d actually be proud to commit? Is it good or bad you feel this way?
71. What’s something that isn’t popular anymore that used to be, and you wish it was again?
72. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?
73. What’s the best and worst food in equal measure?
74. Do you want to be buried, cremated, or something else after you die?
75. What practical joke have you done that has gone really well? What joke has massively backfired?
76. Who was your most inspiring teacher? Who was your worst?
77. What kind of old person do you think you’ll be? What kind of old person will I be?
78. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
79. Who are you nice to that you worry walks all over you?
80. Do you take photos of all the important moments of your life? If so, are you worried you’re missing experiencing it? If not, do you wish you had taken more photos?
81. What was your initial opinion of me?
Next: Mind blowing questions
82. What thing do you do that makes you feel most connected to wider society?
83. Are you a very emotional person, or do you find you just coast through things that happen in life without feeling it?
84. If you were to become a celebrity, do you think you’d change a lot or not at all?
85. If you were sent to prison, what do you think it would be for?
86. Are you someone who is very aware of what time it is, or does it not affect you that much?
87. What has been your most embarrassing moment?
88. Have you ever stolen anything? Why did you take it?
89. Are you superstitious? If so, what with? If not, is there a way you actually are, but you think of it as logical such as checking a door is locked more than once?
90. What’s the way you feel most loved by others? Words? Gifts? Acts of service? Physical touch? Something more?
91. How often do you lie? Do you think you might lie more than you realize?
92. Are you obsessed with anything? If so, what? If not, what do you give most of your attention to?
93. Is there something very small that actually makes you very sad, angry, or annoyed?
94. If your most prized possession was suddenly worth a million, would you keep it or sell it?
95. What’s the best music video ever made?
96. Has ‘real communism’ been tried in the world? Why isn’t China, Russia, or North Korea proper communism? Are you afraid if your country became communist that millions would die as in those countries, or do you think a communist society would benefit your country?
97. What person from history has changed the world the most?
98. How often do you exercise? Do you wish you did more or do you ever feel you do too much?
99. Are you a leader or a follower? Do you like this about yourself?
100. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
101. What’s always at the forefront of your mind?
You might also like: What’s your favorite questions
102. What causes you the most pain in your life, either physical or emotional? Does it hold you back or do you try to overcome it?
103. Do you like it when people are blunt with you and say exactly what they think?
104. What’s the best tourist attraction in the place where you live?
105. What’s something you know you could do yourself at work or home, but you get someone else to do it? Why do you do this?
106. What’s one phrase that really angers or annoys you?
107. Do you care what other people think about you? Is this a good or bad thing?
108. Where can you work most effectively? Is there an area where you are most focused?
109. Are you a good sleeper? If so, has this always been the case? If not, what problems do you have?
110. What’s the best restaurant you’ve ever been to? What made it so great?
111. Are you more drawn to loud or quiet people?
112. Who have you lost touch with in your life, that you’d really like to connect with again?
113. If you were about to die, what would you leave to whom?
114. Are there some things in life you know are true, but would prefer to not know and live in ignorance of?
115. What would your dream job be? Do you think you might actually be able to do it? Why or why not?
116. What do you think of as ‘your home’? The place you currently live in, your parent’s house, or somewhere else?
117. Do you know what your name means? Were you named for a specific reason or after anyone?
118. What are your earliest memories?
119. What stories that you read as a child have stayed with you ever since then?
120. Did you enjoy high school? What made it good or bad? Did you have good teachers or friends?
121. What historical moments define you?
Next: Topics to talk about
122. Was there a specific place where you and your friends would hang out when you were teenagers?
123. What was your favorite part of being a teenager? What was your worst part?
124. What’s something you do every day, but secretly or openly hate or resent?
125. What was the best thing you learned from your grandparents?
126. What food goes together, that you never thought would?
127. What was the best meal you’ve ever had?
128. What’s your greatest character trait? What’s your worst?
129. What’s your greatest worry?
130. Are you very judgmental or do you more easily give people the benefit of the doubt?
131. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever broken of someone else’s?
132. What’s the greatest invention of the 21st Century?
133. What movie or TV show has had the greatest effect on your life in some way?
134. What do others think you’re great at, but you’re actually average?
135. What’s a daily worry for you? Is it something likely or something that’s irrational?
136. What is art? If I design a menu, is that art? What if I frame it and put it up on the wall? What if I put a toilet in an art gallery, does it suddenly become art?
137. Who’s your favorite celebrity who isn’t very mainstream so most people don’t know who they are?
138. Are you pleased with how your house looks or are you always thinking about renovating or decorating parts of it?
139. If you had to be the leader of a company, society, or organization, what would it be?
140. What’s your favorite sport? If you’re not into sports, can you think of a sport that you could be into?
141. What’s a skill everyone should have, but generally speaking no one really does?
You might also like: Unanswerable questions
142. Do you like all the seasons? Is there one you particularly love or hate for some reason?
143. What’s the most expensive event you’ve been to or trip you’ve taken?
144. In what way are you most creative or artistic?
145. Is there anything you’ve done in the past that you feel you haven’t forgiven yourself for?
146. Is there anything or anyone that you would actually die for? Do you know if it came to it, you actually would, or do you think you’d chicken out?
147. What does it mean to be mature? What does it mean to be immature?
148. Where do you think are the best places to meet new people?
149. Is honestly really always the best policy?
150. Who in your life did you become closest with the quickest?
151. Are birthday and Christmas cards important to you? How about letters? Why or why not?
152. Who’s the nicest person you’ve ever met, and it can’t be a member of your family or your best friend?
153. If you were locked in your bedroom for a year, besides food and a way to clean yourself, what would you need to survive?
154. What great movie is ruined by a terrible cast member?
155. What has been your biggest waste of time in your life?
156. Do you like your friends? Do you ever feel you take them for granted, or wish you had more friends?
157. If you were to create an app, what would that app do?
158. What’s something society just accepts that it needs to wake up to?
159. What game or TV series have you been the most addicted to?
160. What’s your least favorite animal, and why?
Looking For More Questions?
Yes or no questions – A set of questions that can be answered with either a yes or a no.
Christmas conversation starters – Some great topics you can use to have some interesting conversations with your family and friends over the festive period.
Questions that make you think – You’ll be deep in thought after hearing these fascinating talking points.