These icebreaker questions for kids are great to ask if you’re looking for a way to spark a conversation with your child and get them talking.
Kids love talking about a wide variety of topics from animals to superheroes and some downright crazy scenarios. If you’re a teacher and you want to get your students talking, some of these kids icebreaker questions will do the trick.
If you hit upon the right topic, you can get children talking for hours as their imagination runs wild. That’s what we hope will happen with these fun icebreaker questions for kids.
Whether you’re a teacher looking to get to know your students or a parent who wants to encourage their child to talk, these ice breaker questions for kids will do just that!
Icebreaker Questions For Kids List
- If you could have one dessert for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
2. What’s your favorite sport to play?
3. If you had to choose between being a sidekick to Superman or Batman, who would you choose?
4. Who do you think would win in a fight between a vampire and a zombie?
5. If time travel was possible, would you go forwards or backwards in time?
6. What’s your favorite dinosaur?
7. If you found a magic lamp and the genie inside granted you three wishes, what would your wishes be?
8. Would you rather have three arms or three legs?
9. What’s the one food you really don’t like eating?
10. If you could wake up as one animal tomorrow morning, which one would it be and why?
You might also like: This or that questions for kids
11. If you could have any animal as a pet, which one would you choose?
12. If you could live on any planet, which one would it be?
13. If you could be any color, what color would you be?
14. Would you rather be as tiny as an ant or as tall as a giraffe?
15. If you could choose one of the four seasons to live in forever, which one would it be?
You might also like:
- Get to know you questions for kids
- Questions for toddlers
- Most likely to questions for kids
- True or false questions for kids
- Never have I ever questions for kids
16. Can you play any musical instruments?
17. If you could be any pokemon, which one would you be?
18. If it was raining pizza, would you eat the pizza or not?
19. If you were given $100, what would you spend it on?
20. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
You might also like: Would you rather questions for kids
21. What’s the best impression of a famous person you can do?
22. If you could create a new animal, what would you call it?
23. If you had the day off school, what would you do all day?
24. What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
25. Do you think animals have feelings and thoughts like humans?
26. What’s the dirtiest place you have ever visited?
27. If you could have one crazy hairstyle for a week, what would you choose?
28. If you had to sing a song in karaoke, which one would you choose?
29. What’s the hardest thing about going to school?
30. What’s the most disgusting food you’ve ever tried?
Next: Fun questions for kids
31. Are you left or right-handed?
32. Are you scared of spiders?
33. What’s something that made you laugh recently?
34. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
35. If you could trade places with a character from your favorite movie or TV show, who would you choose and why?
36. If you were stranded on a desert island, what five items would you want with you?
37. If you were running for president, what would you use as your slogan?
38. Have you ever stayed up past midnight?
39. What’s your favorite sandwich?
40. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
41. Do you enjoy cleaning your room or not?
42. When you grow up, do you want to do what your parents do or something different?
43. What word would add to the dictionary and what would it mean?
44. What’s your favorite thing to do when the sun is shining?
45. If you had to choose between going to the beach or hiking in the mountains, which would you choose?
46. If you could live in another country, which one would it be?
47. What’s your least favorite day of the week?
48. If your pet could talk, what do you think it would say?
49. If you could switch lives with anyone for a day, who would it be?
50. If you were tasked with creating a new invention, what would it be?
51. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
52. Would you rather visit the South Pole or a volcano?
53. Do you play any sports?
54. Do you prefer cookies or cake?
55. Do you think it would be more fun to be a butterfly or a cat?
56. What’s your favorite marine animal?
57. What’s your favorite thing to do when it’s raining?
58. Would you rather have a snowball fight or build a snowman if it was snowy?
59. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
60. If you could speak another language, which one would it be?
61. If you could be an athlete, what sport would you want to play?
62. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever done?
63. Would you rather visit Disneyland or Legoland?
64. What’s your favorite Halloween costume to dress up in?
65. What do you want to be when you grow up?
66. Which is better: Playstation or Nintendo?
67. Would you rather meet Moana or Rapunzel?
68. If you could stay at one age forever, what age would it be and why?
69. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
70. What kind of music do you like?
You might also like: Critical thinking questions for kids
71. What’s something you have always wanted to do, but have never done before?
72. What makes you happiest?
73. If you had to re-make the world out of only one food, which one would you choose?
74. Do you prefer to play with Lego or play video games?
75. Are you good at bowling?
76. Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it?
77. Who’s your favorite: Mommy or Daddy?
78. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
79. Would you rather have three eyes or one eye like a cyclops?
80. Do you like waking up early in the morning?
81. Have you ever been a boy scout or girl scout?
82. If you could transport yourself into one video game, which one would it be?
83. How are you similar and different from your siblings?
84. If you had to invent a new holiday, when would it be and what would it celebrate?
85. Who do you think is the best movie villain?
86. What’s the best thing about your birthday?
87. What’s the silliest sound you can make?
88. What are the things that irritate you the most?
99. What would you do if you found out Darth Vader was your father?
90. If you worked at a zoo, what animal would you like to after?
You might also like: Philosophical questions for kids
91. What’s the best advice you have ever received?
92. What’s the biggest lie you ever told?
93. What are you most grateful for in your life?
94. Would you rather spend the night in a museum or a zoo?
95. What unconventional topic do you wish you could learn as a subject in school?
96. What’s the longest word you can spell?
97. What’s the last book you read?
98. If you could give yourself a different name, what would it be?
99. What’s your favorite game to play at recess?
100. If you could create a new country, what would you call it?
101. If you could make one food appear whenever you wanted, what food would it be?
Looking For More Questions?
Questions to ask a 5 year old – A great set of questions to ask younger children.
Bible questions for kids – Find out how much your kids know about the bible with these questions.