These best icebreaker questions for adults are perfect to use in a variety of situations including at work, at home and with friends.
If you’re planning a teambuilding exercise, then these fun icebreaker questions for work will help you and your colleagues get to know each other better.
Whether you’re in virtual meetings over zoom or in person, these icebreaker questions are perfect regardless of the format.
So, if you’re looking for some funny and rewarding interactions with your colleagues during your next work meeting or event, these questions will help you do just that.
Table of Contents
Best Icebreaker Questions
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
- What’s a piece you’ve received that’s always stuck with you?
- If you could work in any job, what would it be and why?
- What would you like to be remembered for when you die?
- If you could change one thing about your day-to-day routine, what would it be and why?
- How would you spend your days if you no longer had to work?
- How long do you think you could last without your smartphone?
- Do you find you’re more productive at night or in the morning?
- If you could move to any country in the world, which one would it be?
- If you could be fluent in any language, which one would it be and why?
- What was your dream job when you were a child?
- What’s something new you’ve learnt recently?
- What’s your favorite way to relax after a long day at work?
- What’s the most enjoyable hobby you have?
- Is there any crazy activity you’d love to try out one day?
- If you could only have three apps on your phone, which ones would they be?
- If you could back in time to any period in history, where would you go?
- What’s a series Netflix series you binge-watched ridiculously fast?
- If you won $1 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- What’s the hardest possible job you can think of?
- What have been your best and worst purchases?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- If you could remain at one age forever, which age would you pick?
- Have you ever kept a New Year’s resolution?
- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
You might also like: Topics To Talk About
- Would you rather go on a vacation to the beach or the mountains?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s one food you could eat over and over again?
- What’s your favorite meal to cook from scratch?
- If you had to skip breakfast, lunch or dinner, which one would it be and why?
- What’s your secret talent?
- What was the first car you ever owned?
- What’s your least favorite thing about technology?
- If you could have three superpowers, what would they be?
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
- What’s a movie you’ll never get tired of watching?
- If you could swap lives with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
- If you had to describe the way you communicate in three words, what would they be?
- What’s your favorite quote to get yourself motivated?
- Is there anyone you consider a mentor or someone in your life you look up to?
- If you could visit any fictional world, which one would it be?
- When was the last time you did something for the first time?
- Who has made a positive impact on your life recently?
- What are the top three items on your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite thing about where you live?
- What’s the most underrated TV show you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the best train a good friend can have?
- Have you ever overcome one of your fears?
- When was the last time you were out of your comfort zone? What happened?
- If you could master any skill, what would it be and why?
Funny Icebreaker Questions
- What’s the most embarrassing that’s ever happened to you in public?
- If you no longer had to sleep, how would you spend those extra eight hours?
- If you found yourself in a zombie apocalypse, what would be the best weapon to help you survive?
- If you were an alcoholic drink, what would you be?
- What’s the worst food you’ve ever had?
- What’s the absolute worst flavor of ice cream?
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
- What’s the worst piece of clothing you’ve ever worn?
- What was the most embarrassing moment of your teenage years?
- Have you ever had a terrible haircut?
- How many turkeys do you think it would take to bring down an elephant?
- Is there a movie that’s made you cry with laughter before?
- What’s the stupidest superpower you could have?
- What’s the strangest fact you know?
- If you were a boxer, what would your entrance song be?
- If you had to sing one song for karaoke, what would it be?
- Have you ever done a crazy dare? What was it?
- What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?
- Would you rather have a parrot as a pet or a chinchilla?
- What’s your favorite emoji to use when texting?
- What’s the best fancy dress costume you’ve ever seen?
- If you had to use a joke to break the ice during an awkward situation, what joke would you use?
- What sport would be improved if you added alcohol?
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could have an endless of one food, what would it be?
You might also like: Funny Questions To Ask
- What’s your go-to dance move at a party?
- What would be the worst animal to be reincarnated as?
- Which animal would be the rudest if they were able to talk?
- Who was your crush when you were growing up?
- Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
- Would you rather have an alpaca or a goat as a pet?
- What invention is the most pointless?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What would be the easiest thing for you to give up?
- What would be the hardest thing for you to give up?
- Would you rather be named employee of the month every month or be able to get a free meal from favorite fast food joint every day for a year?
- Would you rather lose the ability to smell or the ability to taste?
- What food best represents your personality?
- What’s your most embarrassing story from childhood?
- If you could ask the leader of your country one silly question, what would it be?
- What’s the most obscure thing you’re talented at?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen happen while you’ve been at work?
- Is there a funny story your hometown is famous for?
- If you were tasked with creating a new invention, what would it be?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What was the first record/CD you ever bought?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What are two truths and a lie about you?
- Who’s your celebrity doppelgänger?
Best Icebreaker Questions For Meetings
These questions are aimed at a group of people and are great if you’re in a meeting or a work event. Some of the best teambuilding ideas involve getting to know your fellow work colleagues and that’s what these questions below will allow you to do. You can ask them as part of games, a wider discussion or as a way of people introducing themselves to the group.
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read recently?
- How different do you think your job would be if you worked remotely?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you had to come up with a startup idea in 24 hours, what would your idea be?
- Have you lived in a different city from the one you were born in?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received from someone at work?
- If you could be a professional in any sport, which one would you choose?
- What would you miss the most about the office if you worked from home?
- Is there anyone that inspires you at work?
- What are your earliest memories of working in this job?
- Did you find it intimidating when you started working here?
- What do you normally eat at lunchtime?
- If you had to describe your job to a toddler, what would you say?
- What’s an underrated skill you feel everyone should know?
- What’s the most interesting article you’ve read recently?
- Is there a task you have to do that you’d love to be automated?
- What’s your best productivity hack?
- Do you prefer to work in a noisy or quiet environment?
- What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- What song makes you want to get up and dance?
- Who’s the best boss you’ve ever had?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- Would you prefer to work from home or work in the office?
- Where’s the last place you visited for the first time?
You might also like: Random Questions To Ask
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- Have you ever met a famous person?
- What’s your spirit animal?
- What’s the worst topping you can have on pizza?
- If you could retire tomorrow, where would you move to afterwards?
- What’s your favorite activity to do at the weekend?
- Can you speak another language apart from your native tongue?
- Would rather own a Ferrari or a private jet?
- If you had one extra hour every day, what would you do with that time?
- Are you more of a listener or a talker?
- What qualities are important to have if you’re part of a team?
- What’s your biggest claim to fame?
- If you could relive your college years, what would you do differently?
- What do you like to have for breakfast before you start work?
- What’s your worst habit?
- What’s the best band you’ve ever seen live?
- Out of the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, which decade would you like to go back to and live in?
- If you were running to be the leader of your country, what would your campaign slogan be?
- What’s the best way to spend a day off?
- What are you most grateful for in life?
- How do you combat stress in your life?
- What experience resulted in you changing your values?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn but never got around to?
- If you could only listen to one album for the remainder of your life, what would it be?
- If you could take a year off work, what would you go and do?
Looking For More Questions?
Conversation Starters – A general list of conversation starters that are applicable to any situation.
Questions To Get To Know Someone – If you have a new starter at work, or you’re managing new recruits, these questions are perfect to use on the first day!
Interesting Conversation Topics – Some interesting things to talk about the next time you’re at a work event.
Hot Takes – If you want to make your conversations a bit more interesting, this list of hot takes will do just that!