If you’ve used Bumble, Hinge or Tinder, you’ll be familiar with online dating questions. They’re what you ask to get to know the person you’ve matched with.
No matter what dating app you use, it’s always handy to know what to send the other person. That’s why we compiled this list of questions to ask while online dating.
They provide you with some great ways to start a conversation with whoever you match with and keep it going. Making a connection online isn’t easy but we believe these questions for dating can help.
If you want to know how to keep your matches chatting for longer and, hopefully, set up some dates, these are the questions you need to be asking.
Best Online Dating Questions
1. What’s the worst one-liner someone has sent you to start a conversation?
2. What were your first thoughts when you saw my profile picture?
3. If you could visit one place in the world right now, where would it be?
4. What’s your idea of the worst date I could take you on?
5. What’s the funniest online dating story you have?
6. Any relationship dealbreakers I need to know about?
7. Do you have any guilty pleasures? What are they?
8. What hidden talent do you have that not many people know of?
9. How do you like to spend your Sundays?
10. If you won $1 million, what would you spend it on?
You might also like:
- First date questions
- Questions to ask a guy over text
- Funny first date questions
- Flirty Snapchat questions
- Flirty truth or dare questions over text
11. What topics could you talk about for hours without getting bored?
12. Tell me two truths and a lie?
13. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
14. What’s one thing in your life right now you couldn’t live without?
15. Do you prefer going out or staying in?
You might also like: Dirty most likely to questions
16. Let’s make sure we’re on the same page about cats and dogs, which do you prefer?
17. Do you enjoy hiking and being outdoors?
18. Have you binge-watched any TV shows recently?
19. Is there anything you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t gotten around to?
20. What are three random facts about you I’m not aware of?
21. Would you rather go for a walk and pub lunch or go and hike a mountain?
22. What topics do you find fascinating right now?
23. Do you have any odd talents you want to showcase on our date?
24. Where was the last place you went on holiday?
25. What are your favorite hobbies?
26. If you could spend all day doing one activity, what would it be and why?
27. Have you ever met someone off an online dating site in person, and they looked nothing like their profile picture?
28. Do you enjoy what you do for work right now, or do you wish you were doing something else?
29. Have you ever been freaked out when speaking to someone online?
30. Where did you go to school?
You might also like: Flirty questions to ask your crush
31. If you had the choice of any superpower, which one would you choose and why?
32. What’s a funny story you’ve been involved in?
33. What’s your favorite movie?
34. Do you see yourself as an adventurous person?
35. What food could you eat repeatedly and never get bored?
36. What does a typical week look like for you?
37. Do you like being spontaneous or are you a planner?
38. Do you see yourself as a romantic person?
39. What movie scene is always guaranteed to make you laugh?
40. Do you have any pets at home?
41. What kind of music do you listen to?
42. Beach or mountains… which do you prefer for a vacation?
43. Whereabouts is ‘home’ for you?
44. What motivates you every day when you wake up?
45. What’s your most bizarre quirk?
46. What’s your usual Saturday night?
47. Are you religious?
48. What’s your favorite drink on a night out?
49. Why is someone as great as you on here?
50. What has been your favorite age so far, and why?
51. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
52. Do you enjoy working out?
53. What shows have you binged watched recently?
54. What are you passionate about?
55. What are you most proud of in your life?
56. Are you close to your family?
57. Do you like to read books? What books have you read recently?
58. Where would you like to go on a date?
59. Have you met other people off dating sites before?
60. What’s one YouTube video you would recommend?
You might also like: Questions to ask on a third date
61. What’s something that makes you angry?
62. What’s your favorite cocktail?
Dating Questions To Ask A Guy Online
63. Where were you born?
64. Where did you live when you were growing up?
65. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
66. Did you have a childhood pet?
67. Do you speak any different languages?
68. What’s the best thing about the job you do right now?
69. What nicknames do people have for you?
70. Where has been the best place you’ve travelled to?
71. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
72. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
73. Did you have a career in mind when you were growing up?
74. Were you a nerd or a cool kid growing up?
75. Who was your role model growing up?
You might also like: Questions to ask a guy
76. What subject did you enjoy most in school?
77. What fears do you have about dating?
78. What do you think your friends would say your best quality is?
79. How would your friends describe you in three words?
80. How long ago was your last relationship?
81. How many girls have you been with in the past?
82. Have you ever been dumped, or are you usually the person that ends the relationship?
83. What’s a big no in any relationship?
84. Are you good at dating?
85. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?
86. What annoys you in a relationship?
87. Have you ever seen something you can’t explain?
88. What star sign are you?
89. What car do you currently have?
90. What’s your favorite cuisine to eat?
You might also like: Questions to ask a guy to know his intentions
91. What book has had a significant impact on your life?
92. What’s your favorite genre of music?
93. What does a perfect weekend look like to you?
94. Would you like to meet so we can have a conversation in person?
Dating Questions To Ask A Girl Online
95. What’s something that’s happening in the next month you’re excited about?
96. Would you describe yourself as an early bird or a night owl?
97. How long will it take you to get ready before we go on a date together?
98. What’s the best piece of life advice you’ve ever received?
99. What qualities do you value most in a potential partner?
100. What goals do you have this year?
101. What’s something you can never compromise when you’re in a relationship?
102. What have your past relationships taught you?
103. If you could have any actress to play you in a film about your life, who would you pick and why?
104. How many times have you been asked to send nudes?
105. Are you an outgoing person or a shy person?
106. What’s your favorite restaurant in the area?
107. Tell me the most random fact about yourself?
108. Describe yourself to me in emojis?
109. What’s something currently you don’t get the hype about?
110. What’s meme/TikTok always makes you laugh?
111. What’s your favorite recipe to cook for someone you’re dating?
112. What do you think is the soundtrack of your life?
113. Who’s your biggest celebrity crush?
114. If you had to choose between Instagram and Netflix, which would you choose to keep?
115. What’s the most extreme thing on your bucket list?
116. If your best friend had to describe you in one sentence, what would they say?
117. What’s the worst lie you’ve told while on a date to escape?
118. What moment in your life when you think of it makes you cringe?
119. What level of commitment are you looking for now?
120. What college did you go to?
121. Why were you attracted to me specifically?
122. What’s your idea of a perfect first date?
You might also like: Second date questions
123. What did you like most about my profile?
124. What was your first impression of me when we started speaking?
125. If you could change one decision from your past, what would it be and why?
126. What’s something worth watching on Netflix?
127. What hobbies do you have?
128. How did you come up with your profile name?
129. What’s one thing you wish women knew about men?
130. What’s one thing you wish men knew about women?
131. Where are you from originally?
132. Do you like scary movies?
133. Where do you currently work?
134. Do your family live close to you?
135. What’s something you’re good at?
136. What dreams do you have for the future?
137. Are you an optimistic or pessimistic person?
138. What’s your story?
139. How do you like online dating?
140. What do you think of Tinder, Bumble, Hinge etc.?
Looking For More Questions?
Kinky questions to ask – If you turn the conversation up a notch, then these questions will certainly do that!
Flirty would you rather questions – A fun game you can use to develop the chemistry between the two of you.