You’re in a new relationship and wondering what you can ask your partner to understand them better. That’s where these questions for new couples come in.
Understanding your boyfriend or girlfriend is important to ensure your relationship is strong. That’s what these bonding questions for couples will do.
They offer talking points about where you see the two of you going, what you look for in a relationship and some other fun topics to help you to understand each other.
Asking these new relationship questions to each other in the early stages of your romance will ensure you get to know each other and have a better relationship as a result!
Best Questions For New Couples
1. What do you think your family would make of me?
2. Where do you see our relationship heading in the long term?
3. What does a healthy relationship look like to you?
4. Describe your perfect weekend to me?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do when you have some downtime?
6. If you had to spend $1 million dollars in a day, what would you buy and why?
7. Were your parents close when you were growing up?
8. Do you want to have children at some point in the future?
9. What do you think is the most important aspect in ensuring a long and healthy relationship?
10. Have you ever done something genuinely embarrassing in public?
You might also like:
- Date night questions
- Relationship questions for couples
- Deep questions for couples
- Truth or dare questions for couples
- Conversation starters for couples
11. Was religion strong in your family growing up?
12. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as a boyfriend/girlfriend?
13. What physical and emotional gestures do you appreciate the most?
14. Are you happy with the intimacy in our relationship?
15. Were there any challenges in the family while you were growing up?
You might also like: 21 questions for a new relationship
16. What are the top five things on your bucket list?
17. At what point did you know you wanted to be in a relationship with me?
18. If you could be instantly transported to one place in the world, where would it be?
19. What does a balanced relationship look like to you?
20. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change and why?
21. Is there a specific place you’re eager to visit with me?
22. Do you find it easy to trust people? Do you trust me?
23. Do you keep in contact with all your siblings now?
24. Have you been in love with someone before?
25. How often do you go and spend time with your family?
26. What would be the best meal I could cook for you on a date night?
27. What’s something that irrationally upsets you?
28. What’s the healthiest relationship you witnessed when you were a child?
29. What’s one of the best pranks you’ve ever pulled off?
30. Do you have good memories of your childhood?
Next: Would you rather questions for couples
31. If we could do one thing right now, what would you do?
32. Do you think you’ve made your family proud?
33. What was the town like where you grew up?
34. What traditions do you tend to celebrate as a family?
35. What do you always look forward to each day?
36. Would you have changed anything about how you were brought up?
37. Have you ever wanted to live in a different country?
38. Who out of your family is your role model?
39. Were your parents strict or relaxed when it came to bringing you up?
40. What’s the most exciting thing you’ve done to date?
41. Is there anything I can support you to accomplish?
42. How would you describe your fashion sense?
43. Do you have a large or small extended family?
44. Where do you stand on politics?
45. Do you hold any unpopular opinions?
You might also like: Questions for couples
46. What’s your relationship with your family like now?
47. Where would you rather go on holiday, Europe or Alaska?
48. Have you met anyone this year, that really changed your outlook on life?
49. What’s the easiest thing in your life currently?
50. Out of your mom and Dad, who are you closer to?
51. Who’s your most interesting friend?
52. What do you think the best and worst things are about getting older?
53. What’s something you know you’ll never experience in your lifetime?
54. Do you have any scars? If so, what’s the story behind them?
New Couples Questions To Ask A Guy
55. Do you see us being in this relationship for a long time?
56. Are you someone that likes commitment?
57. What dreams did you have as a child?
58. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
59. Do you have a strong friendship group?
60. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Next: How well do you know me questions for couples
61. Do you think your friends would get on with me?
62. Do you want us to have a causal relationship or an exclusive one?
63. Do you believe in getting married?
64. Are you someone who will listen as well as talk about yourself?
65. What hobbies do you have?
66. Is this relationship different from the previous ones you’ve had?
67. What makes me different to your exes?
68. If you were able to turn invisible, what would you do first?
69. What do you think makes the perfect date?
70. Are you someone that prefers to stay in on the weekend or go out?
71. Do you think you’re someone who can openly talk about their feelings?
72. Are you someone that gets jealous and overprotective?
73. What one job would you never do even if the pay was in the millions?
74. What’s your opinion on having children in the future?
75. When was the last time you cried at something?
You might also like: Dirty questions to ask your boyfriend
76. Are you someone that is looking to settle down now?
77. Do you think it’s essential we both have our own space when needed?
78. How often would you like to go out with me?
79. If you could gain one quality, what would it be and why?
80. Are you someone that’s motivated?
81. If you had a day to live, what would you do?
82. Where do you do most of your online shopping?
83. Who are your favorite fictional heroes?
84. Do you have a motto for life?
85. What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of it?
86. Among your friends and family, what are you best known for?
New Couples Questions To Ask A Girl
87. Do you always want to stay in the area where you live now, or would you be willing to relocate in the future?
88. Do you want to one day have pets?
89. Do you enjoy making a big deal out of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries?
90. Do you enjoy keeping fit?
You might also like: Dirty questions to ask your girlfriend
91. Are your friends in committed relationships?
92. What’s your favorite genre of music?
93. What do you find attractive about me?
94. When you saw me for the first time, what did you notice?
95. If I could grant three wishes for you right now, what would you wish for?
96. What’s the most extreme job you would consider taking?
97. What would you say is the most impulsive thing you’ve ever done?
98. Do you keep in contact with friends you had in school?
99. How much was the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
100. What’s your favorite aftershave for a man?
101. If you could swap lives with someone you know, who would it be and why?
102. What in your life are you most grateful for?
103. Is there anything you’re dying to know about me, but you’re worried to ask?
104. What do you think are the most important aspects of building a strong relationship with your partner?
105. Do you enjoy going on vacation?
Next: Get to know you questions for couples
106. What’s something you would like to do together that we haven’t yet tried?
107. What things would you like to achieve in the year ahead?
108. What’s a song that always gets stuck in your head when you hear it?
109. What’s your most-used emoji when messaging someone?
110. What topic do you think should be taboo, but isn’t?
111. Would you prefer a private island or a private yacht?
112. Do you write in a diary or journal?
113. Tell me about a time you’ve been lucky?
114. What do you think you would do with the extra time if you didn’t have to sleep?
115. Describe someone who could be the mirror opposite to you?
116. What stereotype do you think you live up to?
117. What dumb accomplishment are you proud of?
118. What do you spend most of your time thinking about when you’re alone?
119. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve come across?
120. If you had your own personal flag, what would it look like?
Looking For More Questions?
Most likely to questions for couples – Find out what your partner really thinks of you with these questions.
What if questions for couples – A fun game of what you’d do in hypothetical scenarios to ask your partner.
Intimate questions to ask your partner – A set of questions that will lead to some deep and introspective conversations.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.