These self care questions are the perfect way to check in with yourself and peacefully reflect on your personal well-being. Use these wellness questions to let go of any negative thoughts holding you back.
It’s time to think about what areas of life to prioritize and what’s important to you. These self-care check-in questions are the perfect way to start the day.
Brew a warm cup of coffee and perhaps engage with these questions to ask about self-care after your morning meditation.
How To Use These Wellness Questions
These self-care questions have two purposes. The first is to connect with your feelings, understand your emotions, and outline how you got here.
The second is to help you change your perspective, soften any negative thoughts or emotions you’re experiencing, and make a plan for change.
Work through these questions and write down the answers. Perhaps set aside an hour.
It’s important to make self-care a priority. The plan of action will help you ensure you’re taking your personal wellness seriously. Make self-care a part of your daily or weekly routine.
Self Care Questions
How You Are Feeling:
- How am I feeling today?
- Why am I feeling that way?
- How do I want to feel when I wake up in the morning?
- What feelings have been taking up my headspace the most recently?
- How do I feel physically today? (Tired, Energized, etc)
- What’s making me feel overwhelmed at the moment?
- What about life am I grateful for today?
- What positive feelings can I focus on at this moment?
- What characteristics about myself do I love the most?
- What positives can I think of in my life?
- What was I doing the last time I felt happiness?
- Who was I with the last time I was happiest?
- What am I looking forward to doing this week?
- Who do I trust most to support me through life’s challenges?
Checking In With Your Actions:
- What challenges am I putting off at the moment?
- Have I taken any actions recently that have contributed to negativity in my life?
- What actions have I taken recently to work through the problems I’m facing?
- What can I learn about myself from my recent experiences?
- Am I getting enough sleep at the moment?
- Am I eating good-sized meals routinely during the day?
- Am I getting enough exercise at the moment?
- Am I setting aside time in the day to relax?
- Who do I spend time with that makes me feel happy?
- When I give advice to others, do I follow it myself?
- When did I last enjoy quiet time to myself?
- How does social media make me feel?
- Do I need support to get through the challenges I’m facing?
Planning For The Future:
- Could I schedule a few minutes daily to check in with myself?
- What could I spend time doing that I know might bring me happiness?
- Could I schedule some time for a relaxing walk this week?
- Are there any new activities I want to enjoy?
- What action could I take this week to remove the negativity I’ve outlined?
- Is there anything in my life I can remove that’s causing negativity?
- Who could I spend more time with that brings me happiness?
- Is there someone close to me I could reach out to and spend time with this week?
- Is there anyone around me I could give back to by helping them with something?
- What are my goals for the next month?
- What action could I take today to help me reach my goals?
Making A Plan For Self-Care
Use the answers to the questions above to write down a plan for how you are going to make self-care a priority.
The plan could include:
- Scheduling time each day to check in with your emotions, relax, and reminding yourself what you’re grateful for.
- Scheduling time in during the week for self-care activities such as relaxing, exercising, meditating, catching up on sleep, or meditating.
- Making a list of the negative things you want to remove from your life and how you plan to do it.
- Reaching out to trusted friends or family to discuss support through the challenges you’ve outlined.
- Making a list of goals that you hope to achieve one month from now and the steps required.
We hope you have found this article useful. We think self-care is really important for health and well-being.
Looking For More Questions?
Self-Reflection Questions – Get to know yourself better and decide what you want out of life
Ethical Questions To Ask Yourself – Use these questions to check in with and adapt your principles
Questions To Ask Your Future Self – The perfect way to analyze the goals you’ve set using this article
Iain is a Road Trip blogger, SEO enthusiast, and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys exploring new places via the open road, playing football, and writing about his experiences. During an extensive road trip around Europe in 2019 he developed an interest in using question games and conversation starters to entertain himself and his friends during the long hours in the car. Learn more on our About page.