If you’re wondering what speed dating questions to ask when you go to an event, we’ve got you covered.
When you’re at a speed dating event, you only have a few minutes to make an impression. That’s why it’s important to have some creative icebreakers on hand to spark the conversation into life.
You can also use the below article to find some awesome speed friendling questions too!
We have funny speed dating questions, serious ones, and specific ones for each gender to help you get off to the best possible start.
First impressions matter, so makes yours count by using the dating get-to-know-you questions listed below!
Best Speed Dating Questions
When you’re at speed dating, you only have a few minutes to impress the other person. Time is of the essence.
During those few minutes, you’re essentially using abridged versions of Questions To Get To Know Someone.
This section presents some of the best questions to ask on a speed date to get to know someone in a short amount of time.
1. What’s number one on your bucket list?
2. What’s the strangest thing that your pet does?
3. If you could be anyone for 24hrs, who would you choose to be and why?
4. Describe your three best qualities?
5. What interests you more, city breaks or adventure trips?
6. Do you prefer date nights at home or out in town?
7. What’s your favorite karaoke song?
8. Do you have any pets? Do you prefer cats or dogs?
9. If you could wake up anywhere in the world tomorrow where would it be?
10. What do you notice first when you meet someone for the first time?
11. When was the last time you burst out laughing at something?
12. Who’s your favorite musician?
13. Which historical person would you most like to meet?
14. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever tried?
15. How many beers do you think I could drink before falling over?
You might also like:
- Online Dating Questions
- First Date Questions
- Flirty Would You Rather Questions
- Flirty First Date Questions
- Questions To Ask Your Crush
16. What superpower would you like to have?
17. Which states would you most like to visit in the future?
18. Do you have any siblings?
19. What type of movies do you like to watch?
20. What is the easiest way to make you laugh out loud?
21. Can you give me three fun facts about yourself?
22. What kind of person did you wish you would meet tonight?
23. Which country’s cuisine is your favorite?
24. Are there any TV shows you’ve been enjoying binge-watching recently?
25. Would you say you are an introvert or an extrovert?
26. What are your favorite hobbies?
27. What do you like to do in your free time?
28. Do you classify yourself as an animal lover?
29. What‘s your favorite thing to do at the weekend?
30. What sort of music do you usually listen to?
31. Do you have any superstitions?
32. What was your dream job growing up?
33. What would surprise me about your job?
34. What currently in your life takes up too much of your time?
35. Do you enjoy going to comedy nights?
36. What’s your favorite thing to do in the city?
37. Is this your first-time speed dating?
38. Do you prefer holidays near beaches or mountains?
39. What are five things you look for in a partner?
40. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
41. What time of day is your favorite, morning or night?
42. Are you able to play any musical instruments?
43. What’s something you think everyone should try at least once?
44. Would you rather slap Donald Trump in the face or high-five him?
45. In school, what were you known for?
Speed Dating Questions To Ask A Girl
While they may not be as in-depth as Deep Questions to Ask a Girl, these questions are good ones to use if you want to get to know a girl better on a speed date.
All of them should present some interesting talking points, even if they were brief!
46. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
You might also like: Flirty Snapchat Questions
47. What subject did you enjoy most in school?
48. What would be your romantic getaway?
49. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
50. Which animal represents you the closest?
51. What interested you about speed dating?
52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
53. What’s your perfect weekend?
54. Is there a topic you could discuss for hours without getting bored?
55. Do you have any children?
56. Do you see yourself as adventurous?
57. Have you been to any live music events recently?
58. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
59. How long have you been single?
60. Are you more of a city or country girl?
61. Have you ever been married before?
Speed Dating Questions To Ask A Guy
These are perfect questions to ask a guy when you’re at a speed dating event. Time is of the essence, so you’ll only be able to ask a few.
Make sure you ask ones that have a quick response and reveal a lot about the other person. You could even throw in one or two questions girls are afraid to ask guys if you’re feeling bold!
62. What made you try speed dating?
Next: Second Date Questions
63. Which sport do you think they’ll invent next?
64. What are you most knowledgeable about?
65. What would be your average superpower?
66. Who’s your closest friend?
67. How old do you think I am?
68. What’s the most useful invention of all time?
69. Who’s your celebrity crush?
70. Do you wish you could go back to a certain age?
71. If you could invite three people to have a drink with you, living or dead, who would you invite?
72. Do you like to relax on holiday or do you like to be constantly busy doing things?
73. What’s your idea of relaxing when you’ve had a busy week at work?
74. What song would you play if you were at a party?
75. Do you like animals and what’s your favorite one?
76. Where would be considered ‘home’ for you?
77. Would you rather be a professional singer or an astronaut?
78. Which are the two most important events in your life?
79. Do you enjoy playing video games?
80. How would the people closest to you describe you in a word?
81. Have you ever cried while watching a movie? If so, which one?
82. What would you buy if you were given $10,000 dollars?
83. What’s your dream holiday destination?
84. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
85. Would you prefer to live in a hot or cold climate?
86. If you could have a conversation with one wild animal, which would you choose?
87. Where do you want to be after 5 years?
88. If you could change one thing in the past 10 years of your life, what would it be?
89. Spider-Man or Iron Man?
Funny Speed Dating Questions
Looking to lighten the mood?
These funny speed dating questions are just the way to do that. If you feel the conversation is going well, you can throw one or two of these into the mix and see what happens.
If you ask these dumb questions and laughter ensues, you’re on the right track!
90. Would you describe yourself as a party person?
You might also like: Third date questions
91. If animals could talk, which would be the funniest?
92. Who would you want to be stuck with on an island?
93. Do you have any party tricks?
94. What animal would be the life and soul of any party?
95. What’s been your worst dating experience?
96. Would you prefer a monkey or a bird as a roommate?
97. If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?
98. What’s the most annoying catchphrase?
99. What always makes you feel old?
100. Would you rather walk around with pepper for a head or potatoes for arms?
101. What Disney character would make the best spy?
102. If you could be speed dating with one celebrity tonight, who would it be?
Fun Speed Dating Questions
103. What do you do when you need some fun in your life?
You might also like: Dirty would you rather questions
104. If you had a time machine, what year would you travel to?
105. What extreme sport do you think would be the funniest to include a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
106. What do you think is the best way for a man/woman to make a good first impression?
107. If you could be a fly on any wall, where would it be, and who would you like to listen to?
108. Where would you go traveling right now if time and money were no object?
109. What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to you?
110. Who was your hero as a child?
111. If you could be any sea creature, what would you be and why?
112. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this week?
113. What’s the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
114. What fantasy location have you always wanted to visit?
115. What superhero/villain would make the best therapist?
116. Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?
117. What made you smile this week?
118. What’s one thing you would find hard to give up?
119. How would you feel if I asked you out for a coffee tomorrow?
120. What book are you reading at the moment?
121. What’s something random you are very knowledgeable about?
122. If you had no satellite navigation, how would you find your way to your destination?
123. Who was your first kiss?
124. Who in the room was your worst date tonight?
Speed Dating Ice Breaker Questions
125. What guilty pleasures do you have?
126. What’s the worst film ever?
127. Would you rather live in the mountains or near to the beach?
128. What has been your biggest adventure so far?
129. What has been your best fancy-dress costume?
130. Who’s the most famous person you’ve met?
131. How often do you exercise?
132. What’s one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
133. What’s your perfect night out?
134. Do you have any pets?
135. Do you like shopping at the mall or on Amazon?
136. What hobby would you love to get into if money was no object?
137. If a film was made about your life, what famous person would you want to play you?
138. How did you spend your last birthday?
139. What food could you not live without?
140. Which song can you listen to repeatedly?
141. What did you do last Christmas?
Weird Speed Dating Questions
Want to take the conversation into stranger territory?
Then these weird speed dating questions are for you. If you’re getting some good vibes from the person sitting opposite, throw in a few of these questions and see how they react.
Their response could be telling.
142. When did you last change your bedding?
143. Is cereal more of a soup or a salad?
144. Do you have any quirks?
145. If animals could talk, which animal would be the dumbest?
146. Where do you go when you need to be pampered?
147. What was the strangest/weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
148. If you found an insect in your food at a restaurant, how would you react?
149. What do you think the scariest sound is?
150. Do you prefer a head massage or a hand massage?
151. What’s the most useless household item?
152. What’s your favorite season and why?
153. Have you ever seen anything you couldn’t explain?
154. What’s the most annoying animal?
Random Speed Dating Questions
155. Do you prefer the beach or pool?
You might also like: Dirty truth or dare questions
156. What would you paint on your first day if you were an artist?
157. What do you look for in a relationship?
158. Starter or dessert?
159. What household chores do you enjoy most?
160. What’s the coolest sounding instrument?
161. Which would you rather win: The lottery or gold at the Olympics?
162. If you could watch the US Office or Friends, which one would you choose and why?
163. What color best describes you and why?
164. Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
165. Have you ever wanted to go bungee jumping?
166. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
167. What sandwich filling do you like best?
168. Who do you think would win in a boxing match – a kangaroo or Floyd Mayweather?
169. Do you drink coffee or tea in the morning when you wake up?
170. Do you prefer to do the driving or be a passenger?
171. Do you know any magic tricks?
172. Do you like having snowball fights in winter?
173. What’s your favorite drink on a hot day?
174. Do you prefer Suits or The Walking Dead?
Interesting Speed Dating Questions
175. What is your star sign?
You might also like: Dirty truth or dare questions over text
176. Who’s your favorite film director?
177. How do you feel about global warming?
178. Would you prefer to camp or stay in a luxurious hotel?
179. Do you believe there is life on other planets?
180. What would you do if you got stuck with me on an island?
181. What possession could you not live without?
182. What things cost a lot of money but are totally worth it?
183. Can you speak or would you like to learn any foreign language?
184. If you had the ability to change anything in the world, what would it be?
185. Where would you live if you had unlimited money?
186. Who’s your favorite author?
187. What’s one thing you want to achieve during your life?
188. What do you look for in a life partner?
189. When was the last time you slept past midday?
190. Do you think every person has a soul mate?
191. What memory do you cherish the most?
192. Would you live on another planet?
193. What sport do you wish you were good at?
194. Would you classify yourself as a religious person?
195. Are you an artistic person?
196. Would you rather travel on the sea or in the sky?
197. Are you a thinker or a talker?
198. What funny story do you always tell people?
199. What can you cook in 10 minutes?
200. What business would you like to start if you had unlimited money?
Looking For More Questions?
Fun questions that make you think – If you want to throw in some interesting curveballs on your speed date, this is the list to check out!
Fun first date questions – If you want to make an impression on your speed date, check out a few of these funny questions!
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.