What if questions for couples are fun to ask your partner if you want to get their opinion on a hypothetical scenario.
These hypothetical relationship questions can be asked to your boyfriend or girlfriend to start some interesting conversations. You’ll get to see their reactions to something that may or may not happen.
You can also ask fun what if questions for couples that will lead to a lot of laughing and giggling. These questions are great to use on a date night or for some late-night pillow talk.
Try out some of these questions below and see how your partner reacts. You might get a surprise and have some fascinating conversations too!
Affiliate Disclosure: Thank you for supporting us. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please see our Advertising Disclosure for more details.
What If Questions For Couples List
1. What if we woke up in Vegas and had gotten married drunk?
2. What if I brought a dog home without asking you first?
3. What if I told you we’d won the lottery?
4. What if we were stranded on a desert island with me but we had no food and water?
5. What if I got a tattoo of your name on me?
6. What if we indulged in our unfulfilled naughty fantasies?
7. What if we had a baby right now?
8. What if I asked you to lie for me?
9. What if we decided to elope?
10. What if we both quit our jobs and went traveling around the world?
You might also like:
- Questions for married couples
- Long distance relationship questions
- Would you rather questions for couples
- 21 questions for a new relationship
- Truth or drink questions for couples
11. What if I took you on a surprise romantic date?
12. What if you hadn’t met me? Do you think you’d be happier or not?
You might also like: Never have I ever questions for couples
13. What if you started having feelings for someone else?
14. What if you came home, and I’d cooked you a romantic meal?
15. What if I missed our anniversary?
16. What if you could only eat a particular type of food for the year?
17. What if you could date any celebrity you wanted? Who would you choose?
18. What if you could only listen to one music album for the rest of your life?
19. What if we had to spend every minute of the day together?
20. What if your parents asked you how you felt about me?
21. What if your friends asked you how things are between us?
22. What if we couldn’t see each other for six months?
23. What if you ever ran off with another man or woman?
24. What if your celebrity crush tried to hit on you?
You might also like: Truth or dare questions for couples
25. What if we had to watch one TV series for the rest of our life?
26. What if I was pregnant? How would you react?
27. What if you and I were the only people on Earth?
28. What if I woke up one morning and had lost my memory?
29. What if you won the lottery?
30. What if I hadn’t asked you on the first date?
31. What if I looked at your phone without you knowing?
32. What if a celebrity tagged you in a picture on Facebook without you knowing?
33. What if I dressed up in your clothes?
34. What if your parents didn’t like me?
35. What if I kissed you right now?
36. What if you had no phone for a week?
You might also like: Sex questions for couples
37. What if you found out my best friend had a crush on you?
38. What if you had the power to time travel?
39. What if one of my friends hit on you? How would you react?
40. What if I lost all my savings on a bet?
41. What if I told you I was bisexual?
42. What if I told you I had three secret children?
43. What if I told you I had been married before?
44. What if I became sick and you had to be my carer?
45. What if I bought you a gift you didn’t like for your birthday?
46. What if I forgot your birthday?
47. What if somebody bad-mouthed me to you?
48. What if I told you I’d changed my mind about having kids?
Have Fun & Strengthen The Connection With Your Partner Using These Games & Date Night Ideas (Available on Amazon):
- Couples Reconnect Game – Speak Your Love Language & Form A Deeper Connection
- Love Lingual Card Game – Deepen The Connection With Your Partner (Perfect Gift Idea)
- The Relationship Game – Draw Cards & Learn More About Your Partner (Get Deep)
- SERVD His & Hers Cards – Inject Fun & Cheekiness With This A Spontaneous Real-Life Card Game
- Date Night Ideas – Make It Fun – Scratch Off Cards With 35 Exciting Date Challenges
Next: Deep questions for couples
49. What if one of us lost our jobs?
50. What if I was made president?
51. What if I bought a sports car without asking you?
52. What if I booked a bungee jump for us?
53. What if you found out a friend was being cheated on?
54. What if I kept a secret from you?
55. What if you found out I had told a white lie?
56. What if your best friend told you they were attracted to me?
57. What if you could spend a day as the opposite gender?
58. What if I could never work again, and you had to earn all our money?
59. What if I told you I was a virgin when we first met?
60. What if we found $1000 in a suitcase?
Next: Questions for new couples
61. What if our food came out cold?
62. What if I took you on holiday and organised everything, including packing your bag?
63. What if I told you I wanted to go vegan?
64. What if I told you I wanted to join the military?
65. What if I told you I’d been in jail earlier in life?
66. What if you had the opportunity to work your dream job, but it meant moving abroad?
67. What if I told you I didn’t like your cooking?
68. What if I asked you to help me to relax?
69. What if you had an important meeting, but it collided with our anniversary?
70. What if you lost your phone for a whole week?
71. What if someone gave you the opportunity to live off-grid for a year for $1,000,000, but you couldn’t communicate with anyone for the whole time?
72. What if I wasn’t in your life?
You might also like: Yes or no questions for couples
73. What if our children looked nothing like you but only like me?
74. What if I wore an outfit that was ridiculous, but I loved it?
75. What if somebody tried to steal your car?
76. What if you turned up home and I’d bought myself a drumkit?
77. What if I offered you a massage?
78. What if I decided that I wanted to move to South America?
79. What if ghosts were real? Would you be scared?
80. What if I didn’t offer to share my food with you?
81. What if I didn’t come home one night?
82. What if I told you that you’re the first person I’ve ever truly loved?
83. What if I asked you to be more affectionate with me?
84. What if I disagreed with you on something you felt strongly about?
Next: Most likely to questions for couples
85. What if I suggested watching a horror film?
86. What if I suggested we go to a circus?
87. What if we checked into a hotel and then later found out it was haunted?
88. What if you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life?
89. What if I changed my gender in our relationship?
90. What if I told you I wanted to take up an extreme sport like chasing tornadoes?
91. What if I told you I wanted to enter a bodybuilding competition?
92. What if I went on the US has got talent show?
93. What if I went to jail?
94. What if I came up with a list of awesome date ideas? Would you want to do them?
95. What if I told you I wanted a massive career change?
96. What if I told you I wanted to move out of this area?
97. What if someone broke your trust?
98. What if I stopped drinking alcohol?
99. What if you woke up with a spider in your bed?
100. What if you ran over your neighbour’s pet by accident?
101. What if I came home one night and had died my hair bright green?
Looking For More Questions?
Conversation starters for couples – A useful set of talking points you can use with your partner.
Fun couple questions – You’ll have a lot of fun asking these questions to one another!
Intimate questions to ask your partner – Have a deep and meaningful conversation with your partner by asking these questions.
Conversation starters for married couples – Useful talking points you can use with your spouse to freshen up your conversations.
Disclosure: Thank you for supporting Questions About Everything. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning I may earn a commission if you make a purchase Please note this is at no additional cost to you.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.