Yes or no questions for kids are a great way to get your children and to find out what they think about a variety of topics.
We’ve included a mix of simple yes or no questions and some more unconventional ones that focus on topics such as space, animals and games that will engage children.
There are also some more tricky yes or no questions that they’ll enjoy too and will challenge their thinking.
While the answers kids give to these questions may be short, there are a lot of opportunities for follow-up questions that will lead to some interesting conversations!
Affiliate Disclosure: Thank you for supporting us. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please see our Advertising Disclosure for more details.
Yes or No Questions For Kids
- If you could, would you have a dinosaur as a pet?
2. Have you ever wished you were an animal?
3. Is Elsa a better princess than Cinderella?
4. Would an elephant beat a tiger in a fight?
5. Would you go on a rocket to the moon?
6. Are you smarter than your brother/sister?
7. Have you ever seen a UFO?
8. If you found a pot of gold, would you share it?
9. Have you ever made a wish on a shooting star?
10. Have you ever been caught sleepwalking?
11. If you could travel back in time, would you?
12. Have you ever woken up before the sun rose?
13. Can you hold your breath for one minute?
14. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
15. Would you like to have a treehouse in your back garden?
You might also like:
- Philosophical questions for kids
- All about me questions for kids
- Questions to ask a 5 year old
- Open-ended questions for kids
- Would you rather questions for kids
You might also like: Most likely to questions for kids
16. Have you ever stayed up past midnight?
17. If you could have ice cream with every meal, would you?
18. Would you invite a clown to dinner?
19. Can you build a house made out of Lego?
20. Are you afraid of spiders?
21. Have you ever seen a dolphin?
22. Would you watch a silent movie?
23. Can you juggle with three balls?
24. Have you been on an airplane?
25. Do you play outside in the rain?
26. Can you touch your toes without bending your knees?
27. If you could be a giant, would you?
28. Would you ever eat a bug?
29. Do you enjoy visiting your grandparents?
30. Would you like to be a superhero?
Have fun and strengthen the connection with your kids using this fun game (Available on Amazon): Little Talk Game
You might also like: Get to know questions for kids
31. Can you stand on one leg and touch your nose with your finger?
32. Have you ever pretended you were a Disney princess?
33. Do you dress up for Halloween?
34. Do you read a book before you go to bed?
35. Have you ever gone camping?
36. Have you ever been on a boat?
37. If a troll lived under a bridge, would you cross it?
38. Do you enjoy playing sports?
39. Is a week longer than a month?
40. Have you ever visited another country?
41. Do you have a big family?
42. Is Christmas your favorite time of year?
43. Would you ever become an astronaut?
44. Do you have a favorite superhero?
45. Do you have a lucky number?
46. Do you like school?
47. Do you like going to the zoo?
48. If you were invited to travel on the first mission to Mars, would you go?
49. Have you ever moved house before?
50. Do you think pineapple should be on pizzas?
Next: This or that questions for kids
51. Do you think it would be fun to be an adult?
52. If you could watch Disney films all day, would you?
53. Do you like to play basketball?
54. Have you ever broken a bone?
55. Do you like origami?
56. Do you believe in ghosts?
57. Do you know why the sky is blue?
58. Do you like to dance?
59. Does broccoli taste better than ice cream?
60. Do your parents help you with your homework?
61. Have you ever lied to your parents?
62. Have you ever walked into a glass door?
63. If you won the lottery, would you donate some money to charity?
64. If you were a tiger, would you eat rabbits?
65. Is Batman stronger than Superman?
66. Is summer better than winter?
67. Would you ever have a pet monkey?
68. Do you think animals have feelings?
69. Are your friends fun to hang out with?
70. Do you think your parents are funny?
71. Are dogs better than cats?
72. Do you enjoy eating vegetables?
73. Can you get dressed without using your hands?
74. Have you ever seen a sunset?
75. Can you speak another language?
Next: Icebreaker questions for kids
76. Can you count to 100?
77. Have you ever peed in a pool?
78. Would you eat ice cream with BBQ sauce?
79. Do you like listening to music?
80. Are you a good singer?
81. Can you run really fast?
82. Do you like reading?
83. Do you have a favorite shirt?
84. Can you teach a parrot to talk?
85. Can you write with your wrong hand?
86. Have you ever met Santa?
87. Can trees talk to each other?
88. Have you ever wanted to change your name?
89. Is lunch your favorite meal of the day?
90. Can you play a musical instrument?
You might also like: Critical thinking questions for kids
91. Is a lion stronger than a bear?
92. Do you know your mom’s middle name?
93. Are you afraid of the dark?
94. Do you like rabbits?
95. Do you enjoy eating chocolate?
96. Is Spiderman stronger than Iron Man?
97. Do you like going to the beach?
98. Is red your favorite color?
99. Is Nintendo better than PlayStation?
100. Can you recite the alphabet backwards?
Next: True or false questions for kids
101. Can you wiggle your ears?
102. Have you ever been fishing?
103. Can you say hello in Spanish?
104. Do you like Halloween?
105. Have you ever met a famous person?
106. Do you think we should be kind to one another?
107. Can you swim?
108. Is Saturday your favorite day?
109. Are your parents strict?
110. Do you enjoy playing games with your family?
Next: Fun questions for kids
111. Can you tie your shoes?
112. Do you enjoy playing board games?
113. Can you pronounce supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
114. Do you have an imaginary friend?
115. Can you see in the dark?
116. Have you ever had a sleepover?
117. Have you ever played Pokémon?
118. Have you ever pretended to be sick?
119. Would you ever shave your head?
120. Do you watch cartoons?
Next: Bible questions for kids
121. Would you ever go diving in a cage with sharks in the water?
122. Can you sneeze without closing your eyes?
123. Can you tell when it’s going to rain just by looking at the sky?
124. Can you use your feet to write your name?
125. Do you talk in your sleep?
126. Would you like to climb a mountain one day?
127. Have you ever found a piece of treasure?
128. Do you like commercials?
129. Do you like animals?
130. Do you like painting?
Looking For More Questions?
Questions for toddlers – If you have toddlers and want some questions to ask to get them talking, this is the perfect post for you.
Disclosure: Thank you for supporting Questions About Everything. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning I may earn a commission if you make a purchase Please note this is at no additional cost to you.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.