Are you looking for some clever and funny Two Truths and a Lie examples to leave someone utterly bewildered? Read on to not only find out how to play this awesome game, but how to think of the best lies to trick someone!
We’ve got a huge list of funny and whacky Two Truths and a Lie examples to choose from as well as some tips and tricks for making your own ideas more believable.
We’ve split up these 2 Truths and a Lie examples into different categories to help you choose your favorite.
Table of Contents
How To Play Two Truths and a Lie
This awesome conversation game is easy to play. You make three statements about yourself to the person you’re playing with. Make up a lie about yourself and pair it with two true statements. The person you are playing with then has to guess which one of the three statements is a lie!
The examples below are not just great to use as your lies, they can be adapted into true statements for use in the game too! You can also use the examples as prompts to help you think of different types of truths/lies (experiences, likes/dislikes, family & friends, random/weird).
Two Truths and a Lie Tips
- Adapt our examples below to make them relevant to you.
- Make it funny and entertaining by choosing wacky and random examples.
- Mix up the order in which you say the truths and lie to keep people guessing
- Try to keep the statements equally believable. Sometimes you can through in a ridiculous-sounding truth to confuse everyone!
- Say all the statements in quick succession so that the timing does not give anything away. Sometimes people quickly say two truths and then struggle to think of a believable lie quickly.
- If you play multiple rounds, try to make statements about different topics and categories to leave everyone bewildered!
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Pair these example lies with some funny and awesome truths to make the game more fun. Hint: Adapt these example lies to make similar truths and confuse others!
Funny/Weird Examples (Pair With Outrageous Truths!)
- A dog once urinated on my leg while I was lying on the beach.
- When I was a child my hair caught fire blowing out the candles on my b’day cake.
- I can’t stand tomato ketchup on anything.
- I literally love pineapple on my pizza.
- My sister changed her surname to Kardashian.
- When I was in school I became the regional champion in competitive cheese throwing.
- I have a pet snake called Cuddles.
- A bird once pooped on my chips and I ate them thinking it was mayonnaise.
- My ex (GF/BF)’s name is tattooed on my body.
- I’m genuinely allergic to Macdonald’s cheeseburgers.
- I have several large cacti next to my bedroom window to protect against an intruder climbing in.
- I’m a vegan.
- I’ve visited 16 countries during my life.
- I can play the guitar.
- I hate the Kardashians so much it’s painful.
- I passed my driving test on the first attempt.
- I love tennis but hate football.
- When I was growing up we had a cat and two dogs.
- My favorite color is pink.
- My favorite holiday destination is (insert location).
- I’m awesome at cooking Indian food.
- I’m petrified of jellyfish.
- I can do a standing backflip with a blindfold on.
- My hair is going grey already so I have to dye it every few weeks.
- I’m left-handed but right-footed.
- I want at least 4 children when I’m older.
- When I was a kid I went through a rock music phase and had a mohawk.
- When I was young I wanted to be a (insert profession).
- My parents didn’t let me talk to (boys/girls) until I was 16.
- I’ve never eaten pizza in my life.
- I’ve never been to the hospital emergency room
- I’m a self-confessed chocoholic.
- I love going to nude beaches on holiday.
You might also like: How To Play 20 Questions
Funny Experiences (Pair With True Experiences!)
- I once bumped into Matt Damon on the metro in New York
- I went skydiving on my 18th birthday
- I’m loosely related to (insert famous person)
- I have a pen-pal from France called Annabelle
- I once stuffed 14 Maltesers into my mouth at the same time!
- I own my own condo.
- I ran a marathon in under 4 hours.
- I’ve taken over 200 flights.
- I have a collection of over 500 books.
- I was top of my class at spelling in school.
- I can scuba dive down to 45m.
- I have a Guinness World Record for (insert funny thing)
Family & Friends
- I have 2 sisters.
- My Mother has 22 cousins
- My Dad has a twin brother.
- My Mother can fly a helicopter.
- I’m the second person in my family to go to college.
Looking For More Fun Conversation Games?
There are so many great conversation games to choose from on Questions About Everything!
Truth or Dare Questions – This game is a sure way to find out some enlightening secrets about each other!
Best Friend Quiz – See how well you know your best friend with this awesome quiz!
How Well Do You Know Me Questions – Do your friends and family know you as well as they think they do?
Funny Most Likely To Questions – This hilarious conversation game is popular for so many reasons!
Would You Rather Questions – A classic that’s not to be missed.