So you’ve been on a first date with someone, got along well and know you’re going on another date. Now you’re probably wondering what second date questions do I ask them?
You’re not alone in this, and that’s why we’ve curated this list of questions to ask on a second date. Ideally, you want to explore topics you talked about on your first date and follow up on these.
Things to talk about on a second date should include, what you both thought about the first date, deeper questions drawing on those who asked on the first date and what makes them tick as a person.
You might think it’s difficult to think of second date conversation topics, but it’s really not. Follow up on what you talked about on the first date, ask questions to get to know them on a deeper level and add some fun topics in too and your second date will be a blast!
Second Date Questions List
1. How did you feel after our first date together?
2. Did you know you wanted to go on a second date during our initial date or after it had finished?
3. What have you been up to since our first date?
4. What surprised you the most about me on our first date?
5. What parts of our first date did you enjoy and what do you think could have gone better?
6. What’s work been like since we last saw each other?
7. What impression of me did you get from our first date?
8. Have you chatted to anyone about our first date?
9. What did you do after you got home from our first date?
10. You mentioned you liked ____ last time, do you have any plans coming up with this in mind?
11. Now that you know a bit about me, was I who you expected me to be when you first met me?
12. What things do you think we have common, and what don’t we have in common?
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
14. What do you think are the best aspects of my character?
15. Were you nervous about coming back on this second date with me?
16. What do you value most when you’re in a relationship?
17. How well do you think I’d get on with your friends?
18. What do you find most interesting about me?
19. Do you feel that kissing on the second date is appropriate?
20. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
21. At what point in dating do you think you know whether you want to commit to something longer?
22. What could you talk to me about all day and night and not get bored?
23. Are you allergic to anything?
You might also like: Questions to ask on a third date
24. What’s on your bucket list, and have you completed any of it already?
25. Have you ever dated anybody you shouldn’t have, such as one of your friend’s exes?
26. Do you have any dreams you think you would never be able to achieve?
27. What would a perfect third date look like for you?
28. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
29. Do you think it’s appropriate or possible to be friends with an ex?
30. What about me do you want to know more about?
31. How many times have you been ghosted or done the ghosting?
32. Do you feel you’d like to have a third date after this?
33. Do you prefer to drive or use public transport?
34. What are your main goals now in your career?
35. What’s your ideal third date scenario?
36. When was the last time you were in a relationship?
37. What are your non-negotiables in a relationship?
38. How close are you to your family?
39. Did you think we were compatible when you first met me?
40. Who are your best friends and what are they like?
41. How old were you when you first started dating?
42. Do you enjoy dating, or do you find it intimidating?
43. How are things going at your job? Do you enjoy it?
44. Do you consider yourself a religious person?
45. What are you most grateful for in your life?
46. Have you ever tried sushi?
You might also like: First date questions
47. Do you like spending time out in nature?
48. Do you drink alcohol, and what are your opinions on it?
49. Do you work out or go to the gym?
50. Are you someone who would get into an open or casual relationship?
51. How much time do you spend with friends and socialising?
52. Do you feel like a relationship isn’t official until it is Facebook official?
53. What are your best and words habits?
54. Do you like shopping?
55. What has been your proudest moment in life so far?
56. If you could make one rule for the whole world to follow, what would it be?
57. What’s the funniest situation you’ve ever been in?
58. Do you have any embarrassing stories from childhood?
59. Is there anything you don’t like about yourself and would love to change?
60. What are you really good at?
61. What are your biggest fears in life?
62. Who were your childhood role models?
63. Who do you look up to most in your life?
64. What are you most passionate about?
65. How do you like to spend your summers?
66. Where do you usually go on vacation, and where was the last place you went to?
67. Do you enjoy random trips away?
68. Do you like to spend a lot of time abroad or have vacations closer to home?
69. What has been your experience on the dating scene?
You might also like: Funny first date questions
70. How are you at recycling and doing things for the planet?
71. How do you feel about public displays of affection?
72. Do you want children in the future?
73. Have you ever been married or engaged to someone? If so, what happened?
74. Would you ever or have you ever considered going vegan?
75. Have you told your close friends about our date together today?
76. What movies do you like, and what was the last movie you watched?
77. Who are your favorite music artists or bands?
78. Do you like to go to festivals?
79. Have you ever been to or would you go to an art gallery?
80. How do you feel about surprise trips?
81. How often do you socialise with your friends?
82. Do you like having pets, and do you have any now?
83. What was your childhood like?
84. Who are you closest to in your family?
85. What’s the most treasured memory you have in your life?
86. What are you most grateful for in your life?
87. Do you have any hidden talents that not many people know about?
88. Do you feel like you are a good communicator when problems come up?
89. Are you doing a job now that you always wanted to do?
90. Would you ever like to be famous, and if so, what would that be for?
91. Which famous dead person do you wish you could bring back and have dinner with?
92. Do you sing in the shower?
93. Do you like to receive expensive gifts or thoughtful gifts?
94. Have you ever broken any bones?
95. Have you ever won any competitions?
96. How did you find school?
97. Would you ever study again, and if so, what would you learn?
98. What’s your favorite Disney film?
99. Do you use social media, and if so, what is your favorite?
100. Do you like using dating apps?
101. How important is marriage to you?
102. Are you still friends with your school friends?
103. Where do you see yourself living in 5 years?
104. Are you more of a city person or a country person?
105. What are your favorite foods?
106. Do you like eating in restaurants or home cooking?
107. Are you into spirituality?
108. At what point do you think that it is OK to kiss?
109. Would it be a deal-breaker to be with someone who had opposing political views from yours?
110. Have you ever dated long distances?
111. Are you an affectionate person?
112. What’s your favorite part of nature?
113. If you had to survive on a desert island, what items would you take?
114. Do you think you’d’ ever live abroad?
115. Do you like to feel challenged in your career?
You might also like: Dirty truth or dare questions over text
116. Have you ever or would you ever run a marathon?
117. Are you scared of spiders?
118. Have you ever been to the hospital for anything?
119. Have you ever broken a bone?
120. Do you have any phobias?
121. What’s your favorite flavour of ice cream?
123. Have you ever been to Europe, and if so, where?
124. Are you more of a sweet person or a savoury person?
125. Did you do well in school?
126. Have you ever been dumped by or dumped anyone?
127. Do you have a large family, and are you close to them?
128. What song do you know all the lyrics to?
129. Which friends character do you identify with most?
130. Are you a fan of horror movies?
131. When was the last time you cried, and why?
132. Do you have any strange fetishes?
133. Who’s your celebrity crush?
134. Do you follow any sport, and if so, which?
135. Do you play any sport or have you ever won any competitions?
136. Do you prefer Netflix and chill or a day out at the beach?
137. Do you like to go on long walks or hikes?
138. Have you ever climbed a mountain?
139. Would you ever jump out of a plane?
140. Have you ever done any extreme sports?
141. Have you ever had a psychic reading, and if so, what did they say?
142. Do you remember your dreams when you wake?
143. What do you think are some of the best activities to do on a date?
144. Do you ever sleepwalk?
145. What was your best year yet if you had to choose?
146. Have you ever had your heart broken? If so, what happened?
147. What’s the best party you have ever been to?
148. What’s your happiest memory from childhood?
149. Do you consider yourself a healthy person?
150. What’s your favorite flavour of pizza?
151. Do you like to drink alcohol?
152. Have you ever meditated?
153. Do you have any daily rituals that you never skip?
154. What’s your favorite perfume or aftershave to wear?
155. Do you have a lot of clothes?
156. Are you a mom or a dads boy/girl?
157. Who was your childhood sweetheart?
158. Did you ever have a crush on a teacher?
159. What’s your favorite flavor of cheese?
160. Are you a good cook, and if so, what is your signature meal?
161. Do you like to play tennis?
You might also like: Flirty questions to ask a girl
162. Have you ever been to a big sporting event such as the Olympics?
163. Are you any good at DIY (do it yourself)?
164. Have you ever volunteered your time for a charity or animal shelter?
165. Who’s your favorite influencer on Instagram?
166. What’s your favorite YouTube channel to watch?
167. Do you have any TV programmes that you can’t’ live without?
167. Do you have any sentimental items that you could never let go of?
168. Are you a clean person?
169. Are you close to your siblings?
170. Are there any traits about a person that you dislike and would be put off by?
171. Would you ever go on a reality TV show?
172. Do you follow the Royal Family in England?
173. Do you like to update your phone every time a new one comes out or make it last?
174. Do you like to have the latest gadgets?
175. What do you like to receive for birthday gifts?
176. How do you celebrate Christmas?
177. Have you ever been to a Health Spa?
178. Have you ever or would you ever swim with dolphins?
179. What do you think about the current President?
180. Do you feel like the world is a better or worse place for social media?
181. How many people do you follow on social media?
182. Would you ever learn to sail?
183. Would you ever attempt to climb a mountain such as Everest?
184. Do you like to watch movies at the movie theatre or when they come out on Netflix?
185. Would you ever travel the world? Or have you ever?
186. Who’s the friend you trust the most with anything?
187. Do you ever count your steps on a step counter?
188. What’s your favorite app to use on your phone?
189. What’s your most-used emoji?
190. Do you have any tattoos, and if not, would you get any?
Looking For More Questions?
Personal questions to ask – A good set of questions to ask if you to get to know someone on a deeper level.