Finding the right questions to ask on a third date can be tricky. You might feel you’ve run out of stuff to talk about after the first two dates, but that shouldn’t be the case.
One of the main things to talk about on a third date is what you’ve been up to since your previous date. You can also ask deeper questions that dive into what makes your date tick and where they see the two of you going.
Any third date conversation should involve talking about what the two of you are looking for. Odds are that if you’re on a third date together, then you both like each other. So finding out what you’re both looking for in a partner is an important topic to talk about.
These 3rd date questions should provide you with plenty of great talking points to make this date as good, and interesting, as the previous two!
Questions To Ask On A Third Date List
1. What’s the biggest thing you have learnt about relationships before you met me?
2. How do you think the previous two dates went?
3. What was your favorite part about the last two dates we had?
4. What have you been up to since our previous date?
5. What are your dating goals? Are you interested in casual dating or a serious relationship?
6. Where do you see things heading between the two of us?
7. What’s surprised you the most about me since you first met me?
8. When it comes to a long-term relationship, what do you look for in a partner and what do you consider to be red flags?
9. What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask?
10. If we were to go on another date, what would your ideal activity be for that date?
You might also like:
- Dating icebreaker questions
- Second date questions
- Flirty would you rather questions
- Flirty truth or dare questions over text
- Questions to ask your crush
11. You mentioned ____ on a previous date, how’s that going?
12. Is there anything you’re looking forward to in the near future?
13. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
14. Does religion play a big part in your life or not?
15. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who was unfaithful?
16. Do you want to have children at some point in the future?
17. How important is intimacy to a functioning and healthy relationship?
18. Are you still on dating apps or dating other people?
You might also like: Flirty Snapchat questions
19. Have you thought about me and you and where we could be moving towards together?
20. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
21. Do you want to get married at some point in the future?
22. What are deal breakers for you in a relationship?
23. Do you feel you communicate well in a relationship?
24. Do you want to have a family of your own someday?
25. Are you friends with any of your exes?
26. Do you believe honesty is important no matter how difficult the conversation is?
27. Have you ever told someone you loved them when you really didn’t mean it?
28. Have you ever been married? If so, what happened?
29. What would you do differently to your parents if you were to bring up a child?
30. Do you consider yourself to be ambitious? If so, what are your biggest ambitions that you won’t give up on?
31. Do you like pets? If so, dogs or cats?
32. How do you feel about pets sleeping in/on the bed?
33. When was the last time you had an argument with somebody, and what was it about?
34. Would you prefer to live in a city, or out in the countryside?
35. Do you enjoy spending time alone?
36. How in touch do you like to be with the person you are in a relationship with?
Next: Speed dating questions
37. What would be your perfect weekend, beginning to end?
38. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, money no object, where would you be?
39. Have you ever made a huge mistake? If so, what happened?
40. If money was no object, what would your dream vacation involve?
41. What do you spend most of your money on?
42. What have you learned about love and relationships from your parents?
43. Do you think your parent’s relationship was/is a good role model for you?
44. Who do you most look up to in life?
45. Who’s the most special person in your life?
46. Have you ever been unfaithful?
47. What’s your love language?
48. Have you ever been involved with the police or an illegal offence?
49. Are you religious, and if so, what are your beliefs?
50. How would your best friends describe you?
51. Have you got any kids?
52. Do you have pets, or would you like pets?
53. Do you see yourself staying in the same town or moving around the globe?
54. Are you someone who likes to travel a lot?
You might also like: Dirty most likely to questions
55. Are you a good cook, and if so, what is your favorite dish to cook?
56. How much do you value having time on your own?
57. Are you into celebrity culture, and if so, who do you like to follow?
58. Have you ever taken risks with money?
59. Are you good with your finances?
60. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
61. Do you often post on Instagram?
62. If you had two weeks to live, how would you spend your time?
63. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received from a parent?
64. Do you like to show public displays of affection?
65. Are you close to your family, and how important is family time to you?
66. Do you spend much time reading any personal development books?
67. What news channel do you like to follow?
68. Have you ever been catfished on a date?
69. Have you ever been stood up on a date?
70. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you on a previous date?
71. Have you ever been on a blind date and walked out?
72. Where do you buy your clothes from?
You might also like: Dirty would you rather questions
73. Do you volunteer your time anywhere?
74. What charities do you give money to?
75. If you could book a one-way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
76. Is there anything you would change about your physical appearance?
77. What are your thoughts on reality TV?
78. Do you like to laze in bed or get up early and seize the day?
79. Are you addicted to anything?
80. Do you like coffee or tea?
81. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
82. Do you consider yourself a healthy person, diet-wise?
83. What’s your favorite time of the year?
84. What do you value most about friendship?
85. What’s the best thing you have ever done in your life?
86. What academic achievement are you most proud of?
87. Have you ever struggled with your mental health?
88. If you have a problem, who do you tend to speak to about it?
89. What worries you the most in life?
90. What keeps you awake at night?
You might also like: First date questions
91. Do you feel like you are a stressed person or quite calm?
92. What do your loved ones come to you about?
93. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about doing your job?
94. Do you like your life now?
95. Would you prefer a relaxing spa day or a night out with lots of alcohol?
96. Do you share a lot about yourself, or do you lie to hold back?
97. Do you buy products that are tested on animals?
98. What do you think is good in the world?
99. Tell me something you feel strongly about in the world, and what would you do to change it?
100. Is there anything that you would change about your childhood?
101. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
102. What’s the hardest lesson you have had to learn in life?
103. What has been the most dreadful thing to happen to you but that turned out to have a lot of learning?
104. Do you believe in karma?
105. What do you think happens to you when you die?
105. Do you like a deep conversation?
107. Do you like to spend time in nature?
108. Do you like to watch the sunrise or the sunset?
Next: Funny first date questions
109. At what age did you learn to drive?
110. Do you believe that people who cheat deserve second chances?
111. Do you celebrate anniversaries?
112. Have you ever finished with somebody because they were a bad kisser?
113. How clean is your car?
114. Have you ever had a car accident?
115. Do you consider yourself to be a safe driver?
116. How often do you like to treat yourself to things like massages or new clothes?
117. Do you feel like the criminal justice system is fair?
118. Do you believe in the death penalty?
119. Has anyone in your family ever been in trouble with the law?
120. What are your favorite activities to do on a date?
121. Who in your family is most likely to go to jail, and if so, what would it be for?
122. Do you like dancing?
123. Have you ever ridden on horseback?
124. Would you rather have toes for hands or hands for toes?
125. Have you ever had any bad experiences with alcohol?
126. Do you find talking about your feelings relatively easy?
Next: Dirty truth or dare questions over text
127. Are you into spirituality or self-development?
128. How often do you get your hair cut?
129. Have you had any work done on your body?
130. Do you like peanut butter and jelly on toast?
131. What’s your favorite sandwich?
132. What’s your favorite flavor of pizza?
133. What’s your favorite water?
134. Are you good at keeping secrets?
135. Would you ever own your own business, or do you prefer the stability of employment?
136. Do you know any foreign languages?
137. Have you ever been in a dangerous situation?
138. What is the riskiest thing you have ever done?
139. Have you ever bailed on someone during a date?
140. Are you always honest with your friends, even if they won’t like it?
141. What was your favorite childhood movie?
142. Are you into Star Wars and science fiction movies?
143. What are your biggest fears about being in a relationship?
144. Have you thought of names that you would like to call your children when you have them?
145. Would you ever eat insects?
Looking For More Questions?
Dirty truth or dare questions – If you’re date goes well, why not try some of these questions the next time you two see each other
Flirty first date questions – Find some great flirty talking points here that will help you to help woo your date.
Fun Date Ideas – Looking for some new ideas for your next date? Check out this great list!
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.