Would you rather questions are a great way to get a conversation started in an entertaining way. The questions present a choice between two scenarios and you have to decide which one you prefer.
This often leads to an interesting conversation, where each states their preference, and their choices are debated. Even a simple ‘why’ after someone has answered can open up lengthy conversations.
Would you rather questions are useful for getting to know someone. This is due to their nature, as the choice someone makes can reveal a lot about their character and beliefs.
You can browse these questions and pick out the ones you’d like to use if you’re planning to meet up with someone. Or, you could use the page as a guide for a game where you take turns asking and answering questions.
Whatever you decide to do, these would you rather questions will give you hours and hours of talking points and fun!
Best Would You Rather Questions
If you’ve read our article on this or that questions, you’ll be familiar with would you rather questions. It’s more or less the same scenario, but the questions make clear whether someone prefers a certain scenario or not.
These are some of the best would you rather questions we’ve come up with. You can use them in a conversation with almost anyone and in a variety of scenarios.
- Would you rather live forever or live 100 meaningful years?
2. Would you rather be always 10 minutes late or 20 minutes 20 early?
3. Would you rather be able to fly or become invisible?
4. Would you rather be in jail for a year or lose a year of your life?
5. Would you rather find true love today or win a fortune gambling next year?
6. Would you rather have the ability to see 10 minutes into the future or 150 years into the future?
7. Would you rather be a master in one skill, or proficient in ten?
8. Would you rather speak 20 languages at an elementary level, or master 3?
9. Would you rather be able to talk to animals on land or animals underwater?
10. Would you rather work an easy job for someone else or a difficult job for yourself?
You might also like:
- This or That Questions
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Hard Would You Rather Questions
- How To Play 20 Questions
- Christmas Would You Rather Questions
11. Would you rather live in the medieval period or during biblical times?
12. Would rather have unlimited Airmiles or never have to pay at a restaurant again?
13. Would you rather be an average person today or the king of a country 2000 years ago?
14. Would you rather be a professional athlete or a pop star?
15. Would you rather relax by the pool or at the beach?
16. Would you rather have a pause or a rewind button in your life?
17. Would you rather move to a new city every year, or move to a new country for the rest of your life?
18. Would you rather go backpacking on a budget for a year or travel in luxury for a year?
19. Would you rather oversleep every day for a week or not get any sleep at all for four days?
20. Would you rather spend a year at war or a year in prison?
21. Would you rather hunt and butcher your own meat or never eat meat again?
22. Would you rather win $25,000 on the lottery or have your best friend win $100,000?
23. Would you rather live in a treehouse or a cave?
You might also like: Rapid-fire Questions
24. Would you rather go on a cruise with your boss or never go on vacation ever again?
25. Would you rather have super-sensitive taste buds or super-sensitive hearing?
26. Would you rather be able to speak any language or be able to communicate with animals?
27. Would you rather detect every lie you hear or get away with every lie you tell?
28. Would you rather have to hunt and gather all of your food or eat McDonald’s for every meal?
29. Would you rather never get a cold ever again or never be stuck in traffic ever again?
30. Would you rather have all traffic lights you approach be green or never have to stand in line again?
31. Would you rather start a colony on another planet or be the leader of a country on Earth?
32. Would you rather be able to read minds or predict the future?
33. Would you rather live by the beach or live in the mountains?
34. Would you rather drink only water or never drink water again?
35. Would you rather be an unknown superhero or an infamous villain?
36. Would you rather have a third eye or a third leg?
37. Would you rather be completely insane and know that you are insane or completely insane and believe you are sane?
38. Would you rather have the speed of a cheetah or the strength of an ox?
39. Would you rather live on your own private island or your own private estate?
40. Would you rather be forced to dance every time you heard music or be forced to sing along to any song you heard?
Hard Would You Rather Questions
If you’re looking for some tough would you rather questions, these should do the trick.
These scenarios will get people thinking and present choices that can be hard to reconcile, with some similar to our collection of ethical questions. These questions are best used in a conversation with someone you know.
If you’re looking to get to know someone you’ve just met or don’t know too well, you can tease out a bit more about their personality from these questions.
You might also like: Hardest Questions to Answer
41. Would you rather go vegan for a month or only eat meat and dairy for a month?
42. Would you rather change the outcome of the last election or get to decide the outcome of the next election?
43. Would you rather have a photographic memory or an IQ of 200?
44. Would you rather get your paycheck given to you in pennies or never be able to use cash again?
45. Would you rather be locked for a week in an overly bright room or a room that’s totally dark?
46. Would you rather never use social media again or never watch another movie ever again?
47. Would you rather lose all your teeth or lose the ability to smell?
48. Would you rather live a peaceful life in a small cabin in the woods or a drama-filled life in a mansion in a big city?
49. Would you rather be the world’s best singer or the world’s best dancer?
50. Would you rather spend a month in prison or a year alone on a desert island?
51. Would you rather be able to fly or make yourself invisible?
52. Would you rather spend the day with your favorite athlete or your favorite movie star?
53. Would you rather be itchy or sticky for the rest of your life?
54. Would you rather swim through 300 meters of sh*t or through 300 meters of dead bodies?
55. Would you rather have a Lamborghini in your garage or a bookcase with 10,000 books and infinite knowledge?
Next: Never Have I Ever Questions For Teenagers
56. Would you rather be extremely underweight or extremely overweight?
57. Would you rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything you’re told?
58. Would you rather win $50,000 or let your best friend win $500,000?
59. Would you rather read minds or accurately predict the future?
60. Would you rather run at 120 mph or fly at ten mph?
61. Would you rather reverse one decision you make every day or be able to stop time for 10 seconds every day?
62. Would you rather experience the beginning of planet earth or the end of planet earth?
63. Would you rather be alive in the past or the future?
64. Would you rather have constantly dry eyes or a constant runny nose?
65. Would you rather be unable to have kids or only be able to conceive quintuplets?
Funny Would You Rather Questions
These would you rather questions present some funny, and downright bizarre scenarios for you to ponder.
If you want some questions to get to know someone, you won’t go too far wrong with some of these.
The funny binary choices will throw up some interesting answers and lead to flowing conversations as you try to make sense of each other’s choices.
You might also like: Flirty Would You Rather Questions
66. Would you rather swim in a pool full of Nutella or a pool full of maple syrup?
67. Would you rather have to wear every shirt inside out or every pair of pants backward?
68. Would you rather be 11 feet tall or nine inches tall?
69. Would you rather have a mullet for life or be bald (no wigs!) for 10 years?
70. Would you rather have a third nipple or an extra toe?
71. Would you rather be in a zombie apocalypse or a robot apocalypse?
72. Would you rather sleep in a doghouse or let stray dogs sleep in your bed?
73. Would you rather talk like Yoda or breathe like Darth Vader?
74. Would you rather spend the weekend with pirates or ninjas?
You might also like: Questions That Make You Think
75. Would you rather have a mullet or a perm?
76. Would you rather fall in public or pass gas in public?
77. Would you rather wake up naked in a forest five miles from home or in your underwear at work?
78. Would you rather walk to work naked or eat a sheep’s eyeball?
79. Would you rather have a flying carpet or a car that can drive underwater?
80. Would you rather be a reverse centaur or a reverse mermaid/merman?
81. Would you rather have to read aloud every word you read or sing everything you say out loud?
82. Would you rather only eat snails for the rest of your life or frogs?
83. Would you rather wear a wedding dress/tuxedo every single day or wear a bathing suit every single day?
84. Would you rather have all dogs try to attack you when they see you or all birds try to attack you when they see you?
85. Would you rather have chocolate hands or spaghetti hair?
86. Would you rather have skin that changes color based on how you’re feeling or have tattoos appear all over your body depicting what you did the night before?
87. Would you rather have everything you draw become real but be permanently terrible at drawing or be able to fly but only as fast as you can walk?
88. Would you rather be able to communicate with dogs or cats?
89. Would you rather snowmen or elves be real?
90. Would you rather win the lottery or win a Nobel Prize?
Deep Would You Rather Questions
Some of these deep would you rather questions are similar in nature to philosophical questions. You’re presented with a choice of questions that have ethical and philosophical implications.
If you’re looking to get to know somebody’s character or what they believe, these questions are great to ask.
They might be too deep or personal to ask someone you’ve just met, but you could use one or two to see if you’re feeling confident!
Next: Ethical Questions
91. Would you rather aliens don’t exist or that we know for certain we live in a simulation?
92. Would you rather lose your long-term memory or your short-term memory?
93. Would you rather be on a one-way trip to Mars or be stranded in the middle of the desert?
94. Would you rather be free or totally safe?
95. Would you rather speak your mind or never speak again?
96. Would you rather know how you will die or when you will die?
97. Would you rather end hunger or end your hunger?
98. Would you rather continue with your life or restart it?
99. Would you rather be an amazing painter or a brilliant mathematician?
100. Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death?
101. Would you rather never get angry or never be envious?
102. Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them?
103. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization with no human contact or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
104. Would you rather end poverty or reverse the effects of global warming?
105. would you rather be as wise as Socrates or as strong as Hercules?
106. Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or just in the normal real world?
107. Would you rather live in Ancient Greece or Ancient Rome?
You might also like: Open-Ended Questions
108. Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
109. Would you rather be forced to kill one innocent person or five people who committed minor crimes?
110. Would you rather have real political power but be relatively poor or be ridiculously rich and have no political power?
111. Would you rather live in a utopia as a normal person or a dystopia but you are the supreme ruler?
112. Would you rather the sun never set again or the sun never rises again?
113. Would you rather be born again in a totally different life or born again with all the knowledge you have now?
114. Would you rather have all corporations know all of your computer usage or the government know all of your computer usage?
115. Would you rather be famous for inventing a deadly new weapon or invent something that helps the world but someone else gets all the credit for inventing it?
116. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
117. Would you rather never be able to laugh again or never be able to smile again?
118. Would you rather live in a world where there is no crime or no privacy?
119. Would you rather live in a world with no disease or live in a world where there is income equality?
120. Would you rather live another 100 years with your body in a state of perfect health or just age normally?
Looking For More Questions?
Would You Rather Questions For Couples – If you’re looking for a more specific set of questions for you and your partner to ask each other, this list has what you’re looking for!
Dirty Would You Rather Questions – Want some questions that will turn the heat up between you and your partner? These risque would you rather questions will do the trick.
Who Knows Me Better Questions – Find out how well your friends know with these questions!
Yes or No Questions – Another fun game you can play with family or friends!
Would You Rather Food Questions – Find out everyone’s food preferences with these tasty questions!
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.