These deep questions to ask friends and those around you will lead to some of the most introspective conversations you can imagine.
Sometimes you want to talk about more substantial topics such as philosophy, politics and life than the normal everyday stuff.
That’s what these questions are designed to do.
If you want deep questions to get to know someone, we’ve got you covered. You can dive into some fascinating topics and have conversations that will carry on for hours.
Get ready for some meaningful, deep and wide-ranging conversations as a result of asking these questions.
Deep Questions To Ask Someone List
1. Would you sacrifice yourself for someone you didn’t know?
2. Do you think suicide is acceptable under certain circumstances?
3. If you could speak to one relative who was no longer here, what would you say to them?
4. Do you see yourself as a role model for other people in your life?
5. Do you believe the United States should change current firearm laws? If so, what would you like to see introduced?
6. Do you think big companies like Amazon and Apple are a net positive or net negative for society?
7. What’s the most important life lesson you’ve learned from your parents or guardians?
8. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and why?
9. When you were younger, where did you imagine you would be at your current age?
10. What impression do you think people get when they first meet you?
You might also like:
- Existential questions
- Deep conversation starters
- Interesting conversation topics
- Random questions to ask
- Open-ended questions
11. Would you relocate to be with someone you love? How far would you travel?
12. Do you think the world would be a better or worse place without social media?
13. Would you want the ability to pick the gender and appearance of your baby?
14. Do you think death will be painful and what would be going through your head just before your final breath?
15. Do you think parallel universes identical exist or is there just one universe?
16. What has been the most challenging part of your life so far, and how did you overcome the challenges?
17. Does religion have a place in the modern world or is it an antiquated concept?
18. Is suffering part of the human condition? If so, does suffering make life more or less worthwhile?
19. Does travel broaden your horizons and make you more empathetic and compassionate?
20. Is it true that life can only be lived forwards but only understood backward?
21. Are actions or words more important when it comes to judging a person’s character?
22. Is a little insanity the price to pay for being a creative person?
23. If you could choose to work in another career for a week, what would it be and why?
24. Do you believe humans will eventually live on other planets, or will we never establish colonies outside of the Earth?
25. What can humans do to reverse the effects of climate change?
You might also like: Topics to talk about
26. What do you think of humans moving off the earth and living on other planets?
27. What’s a book that changed your view of the world?
28. Has social media brought closer together as a society or pushed us further away?
29. What’s your fondest memory from your childhood?
30. Do you ever take time to think about how much you’ve achieved in your life?
31. When was the last time you did nothing?
32. What qualities do you most admire about your friends?
33. What are your families’ most significant achievements?
34. Have you ticked anything off your bucket list? If not, when will you?
35. What’s your proudest moment?
36. Have you ever let life get on top of you? What happened?
37. What are your thoughts on renewable energy?
38. Which parent are you closer to?
39. Do you see yourself as someone shy or outgoing?
40. Are you comfortable in your own company?
41. When people look back on your life, what do you want them to think about you?
42. If you had one day to live, what would you do for your last day?
43. What experiences have made you a better person?
44. What book has had the most impact on your life?
45. What music always touches your soul when you hear it?
46. What do you enjoy most about your life?
47. What was your dream career growing up?
48. Would you say that you’re a spiritual person?
49. When do you think the right time to have a baby is?
50. Where has been your favourite place to visit?
Next: Ethical questions
51. Would you take someone back that cheated on you?
52. What is your idea of the perfect relationship?
53. Do you think intimacy is key to a happy relationship?
54. Whose philosophy on life do you most admire?
55. Do you ever judge someone before you’ve ever met them?
56. When someone first meets you, what do you think they notice first?
57. What makes a perfect vacation?
58. Do you think it’s essential to save money or spend it as soon as you get any?
59. Do you think all humans want freedom from typical day-to-day life?
60. What do you do when you need to de-stress?
61. What do you think is the role of humans on this planet?
62. What are your biggest fears in life?
63. If you had one wish, what would you choose?
64. Do you think money brings happiness?
65. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?
66. When was the last time you experienced an adrenaline rush?
67. What does an ideal weekend look like to you?
68. When did your last relationship end?
69. Would the people that know you say you were an aggressive person?
70. Have you ever thought about changing religion? If so, what religion did you want to switch to?
71. What are your thoughts on staying friends with your ex’s?
72. Do you think flirting with someone is still cheating?
73. Does getting old scare you? If so, what scares you about it?
74. If you could go back in time, what’s one thing you would make illegal?
75. Do you think that your brain is on autopilot sometimes?
You might also like: Hardest questions to answer
76. What was the best thing about how your parents raised you?
77. What would be the best conspiracy you could make up?
78. Why do we dream?
79. Do you think a person’s pet represents their personality?
80. If you could switch genders for a week, would you?
81. What’s the craziest thing you’d do to become rich?
82. What are your thoughts on God?
83. Do you like or dislike surprises?
84. Do you believe in second chances for people?
85. Is there anything you’re ashamed of from your past?
86. If you had to pick one person, who in your family would you miss the most if they died?
87. Have you ever felt guilty that you hadn’t given everything?
88. What are your thoughts on the current political state of the country?
89. What is a perfect life in your eyes?
90. What common traits about people do you most dislike?
91. What in the future makes you excited?
92. What do you think happens after we die?
92. What in life gives you the most comfort?
94. Do you think men and women have equal opportunities in life?
95. What’s more important, health or fun?
96. What do you think of the theory that life is just a dream?
97. Do you think it’s more important to believe in something or to know something?
98. Would you consider buying lab-grown meat?
99. What do you think about the vegan movement?
100. Do you think the current young generation will have an easier or harder life than you had?
Next: Mind-blowing questions
101. Where do you get your motivation from?
102. Do you think people that bully others know what they’re doing is wrong?
103. Do you think what a person wears accurately represents their personality?
104. What has been your loneliest moment?
105. What has been the most challenging goodbye you’ve had?
106. When was the last time you got jealous of something or somebody?
107. What is something that should never be joked about?
108. What happy memory with a loved one always sticks in your head?
109. What’s your strangest habit?
110. Do you care for everyone around you?
111. What do you look for in a future partner?
112. What would you do if your parents disliked your partner?
113. Do you write down your thoughts in a diary?
114. What are your thoughts on online dating sites?
115. What have your past relationships taught you?
116. What’s a common thing to think about when you’re alone?
117. Why did you choose the college you went to?
118. What’re your personal goals for the next ten years?
119. If you could erase something from the past of humanity, what would it be and why?
120. If you could live someone else’s life, who would they be and why?
121. What do you think you were in a past life?
122. What is the darkest thought you’ve ever had and not told anyone about?
123. Is there a world event currently that you find unsettling?
124. Do you think humans are more than flesh and bones? Do you think we have a soul?
125. What decision in your life had a positive impact on your life?
You might also like: Unanswerable questions
126. What makes you feel empowered?
127. Do you think we’ll be able to bring extinct animals back to life at some point in the future?
128. What’s your favorite movie line of all time?
129. What do you think is more important, material wealth or spiritual wealth?
130. What age are you next looking forward to the most and why?
131. Would you instead love someone or be loved if you had to choose between them?
132. Would you say that you procrastinate a lot?
133. Do you think we have been programmed over generations to live a particular life that the government wants us to live?
134. What does sex mean to you?
135. How would you deal with and resolve the current poverty gap between countries around the world?
136. Do you think you know when you’re dead?
137. What part of your life have you felt the most vulnerable?
138. What’s your definition of true evil? Have you ever witnessed it?
139. What were your first thoughts of me when we met?
140. Do you believe that humans have evolved from apes?
141. What job did you always want but never applied for?
142. What are your opinions on war?
143. What are the pros/cons of being a conscientious objector?
144. Why don’t men express their feelings more?
145. Out of everyone you know, who is the hardest worker?
146. What’s a significant turnoff for you in any relationship?
147. Do you think there is a heaven and hell?
148. Do you think there will be a day when the world will ultimately end?
149. Are you someone that lets go of past issues, or do you hold onto them?
150. What do you enjoy about being creative?
Next: Good questions to ask
151. Do you think that eating more plant-based products is the way forward when it comes to reversing climate change?
152. When someone knocks your confidence, are you able to bounce straight back up?
153. What does your love life look like at the moment?
154. What are your thoughts on mass social control and censorship?
155. Do you think social media platforms should have the ability to track our location and hold our data?
156. Do you think the concept of the matrix could be genuine?
157. Do you ever think that your life could be like the film The Truman Show?
158. If you had the power, how would you deal with the current homeless crisis?
159. Would there be any benefits to having one leader for the world?
160. Are you happy with the person that you’ve become?
161. What rules have you broken in the past?
162. What makes you different from everyone else?
163. What is your biggest insecurity in life?
164. Are you more of a morning or night person?
165. What’s your opinion on same-sex marriages?
166. Do you earn what you think you’re worth?
167. How do you get countries that have complex, long-standing issues to communicate and agree with each other?
168. Will there be a time when we will have world peace?
169. What can you do this week to make it a better week than the last?
170. Would your dream house be something with character or a brand-new modern property?
171. Do you think lawful killings should be allowed?
172. What do you think of the current state of the police service in the United States?
Deep Questions To Ask A Guy
173. How important is having a family to you?
174. Would you relocate for your perfect job?
175. How do you react to an uncomfortable situation?
You might also like: Embarrassing questions
176. Would you like the ability to influence people’s decisions?
177. What goals do you have in your current job?
178. How much money would you need to feel rich?
179. Have you had to care for a person or a pet who was unwell?
180. Do you think loyalty is essential in a relationship?
181. Do you actively go out and learn new things?
182. What are your experience and thoughts on the COVID vaccine?
183. Have you known anyone around you to have an addiction?
184. When your sports team loses a big match, how upset do you get?
185. What are your thoughts on the black lives movement?
186. What’s one thing that you wish women understood about men better?
Deep Questions To Ask A Girl
187. Have you ever protested something?
188. What qualities did you dislike and like about your ex?
189. What internal problem facing your country do you most care about?
190. Do you think you have the same traits as your mom or father?
191. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done as a last-minute decision?
192. In what way would you raise your children? Would you be a strict or chilled mom?
193. Are you someone that can relax, or do you always have to fill your days?
194. What’s one thing that you wish men knew about women?
195. When was the last time you cried with joy?
196. Do you think it’s ok for people to be friends with their exes?
197. What family traditions would you like to keep alive in your family?
198. Do you think love, at first sight, is a real thing?
199. What would be the longest you could live without looking at your mobile phone?
200. If you put your mind to a task, do you think it’s always achievable?
Looking For More Questions?
Thought-provoking questions – A set of questions that will make you think and ponder life.
Personal questions to ask – Questions that will allow you to get a deeper look into what makes somebody tick.
Questions that make you think about life – Another set of questions that will lead to some introspective conversations.
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.