These family conversation starters are perfect if you’re looking for talking points you can use at the dinner table or at a family gathering.
The aim of these conversation starters for families is to engage in discussion between you all. Talking with family is important and that’s what these questions will get you all doing.
You’ll find a range of family conversation questions that touch upon the history of your family, your life together and some fun ones that should have you all laughing too!
So next time you’re at a family gathering, with either close or extended family, why not give some talking points a try?
Family Conversation Starters List
- How much do you know about the history of our family?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- What’s the one place you’d love to go on a family vacation?
- What’s the best piece of advice you received from your parents?
- What are some of the funniest stories your grandparents told you?
- What’s one of the funniest moments we’ve shared as a family?
- How would you describe everyone in your family using three words?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your family at Christmas?
- What rules would you introduce if you were the parent?
- Who’s the funniest person in your family?
You might also like:
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
- Deep Conversation Starters
- Topics To Talk About
- Funny Conversation Starters
- Questions To Ask Old People
Next: Fun Questions To Ask
- Do you have a favourite family recipe?
- What’s your favorite moment/memory with your grandparents?
- What’s the biggest disagreement we’ve had as a family?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received from someone in your family?
- If you could do one thing as a family this year, what would it be?
- Is there any activity you’d love to do together as a family?
- What inspires you the most about our family?
- What are your favorite memories of your childhood?
- What would you do if you had an extra hour in the day?
- If you could go back in time, what time period would you go back to?
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this year?
- What’s the most interesting thing that’s happened to you this week?
- What’s the most creative way you’ve seen someone solve a problem?
- If you had an extra hour in the day, what would you do with it?
- What are some of the funniest things your siblings have ever said?
- If you had to give everyone in our family a compliment, what would you say?
- If you could learn any language, which one would you choose?
- What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
- What’s something you love about each person in our family?
- What’s the most inspiring book you’ve ever read?
You might also like: Conversation Starters For Teens
- In what ways do you think our family is different from other families?
- If we all woke up and found out we’d turned in animals, which animal would each of us be?
- What season is your favorite? Why?
- If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?
- What’s one thing you could introduce that would make the world a better place?
- If you talk to any famous figure for an hour, who would it be and why?
- What do you think brings a family together?
- If you could change one thing about your parents, what would you change?
- What’s the best thing about having siblings?
- What’s the worst thing about having siblings?
- How many similarities do you think you have with your parents?
- What traits do you admire most in other people?
- Which fictional character does each member of the family look like?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could design your dream house, what would it look like?
- Would you rather be invisible or be able to read people’s minds?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?
- What would do if you traded places with your parents for a day?
- If you were allowed to create a new family rule, what would it be?
- If you could stay the same age for the rest of your life, what age would you like to be?
Looking For More Questions?
How Well Do You Know Me Questions For Families – A great game you can play with your family over dinner or at gatherings.
Conversation Starters – A mega list of talking points you can use in any situation.
Have You Ever Questions – Find out more about your family members with this fun game!
Favorite Things Questions – Discover the things your parents, grandparents and siblings love the most with these talking points!
Christmas Conversation Starters – Talking points you can use when your family gathers over the festive period.