These thanksgiving conversation starters are ideal to use if you’re looking for things to talk about during the holiday period.
Thanksgiving is one of the biggest celebrations of the year, as families come together in November to celebrate with one another.
Our list of questions for Thanksgiving dinner will provide you and your family with plenty to talk about around the table.
With these things to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner, you won’t run out of talking points at all!
Table of Contents
Best Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
1. What are you most thankful for this year?
2. What’s your favorite food to eat on Thanksgiving?
3. If you could travel back in time to witness the first Thanksgiving dinner, would you?
4. Do you usually go shopping on Black Friday?
5. Which person around the table do you wish you knew better?
6. Out of all the holidays during the year, which is your favorite?
7. What are you most looking forward to next year?
8. If you could only eat one food from Thanksgiving dinner for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
9. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were younger?
10. Have you ever been unable to celebrate Thanksgiving? What happened?
You might also like:
- Christmas conversation starters
- Deep conversation starters
- Conversation starters for texting
- Fun conversation starters
- Topics to talk about
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
12. What’s the best way to use leftover turkey?
13. What’s the nicest thing someone has done for you this year?
14. What’s your favorite movie to watch on Thanksgiving?
15. If you could invite anyone to our Thanksgiving dinner, who would you choose?
You might also like: Funny questions
16. What’s your favorite thing about the person on your right?
17. If you had two minutes to talk to yourself from ten years ago, what would you say?
18. Do you think Black Friday is a good thing, or is it an example of rampant consumerism?
19. What would you do differently if you could relive the past five years?
20. What’s something you want to improve about yourself going forward?
21. What’s your favorite part of Thanksgiving?
22. Who would win in a fight between a pilgrim and Santa?
23. What’s the best Thanksgiving dinner you’ve ever had?
24. What’s your least favorite food to eat on Thanksgiving?
25. What do you look forward to the most on Thanksgiving?
26. Are you looking forward to watching the football on Thanksgiving?
27. What’s your favorite historical fact about Thanksgiving?
28. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
29. What’s your biggest fear?
30. What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone this year?
31. What’s your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
32. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
33. If you were only allowed to eat one meal for the rest of the year, what would it be?
34. What was your favorite meal as a child?
35. What’s one dessert you never get tired of eating?
36. What’s one thing you want to do more of in the new year?
37. Have you got any trips planned for next year?
38. If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?
39. What’s one goal you hope to achieve in the new year?
40. What would you wear if you could only dress in one outfit for the rest of your life?
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters For Kids
41. If you could have three wishes granted by a magic genie, what would they be?
You might also like: Conversation starters for kids
42. Who’s the funniest person in the family?
43. Do you have a hidden talent?
44. If you could be famous for anything, what would it be?
45. What do you think is the hardest part of being a parent?
46. If you could only eat five things for the rest of your life, what would they be?
47. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
48. What do you think it was like to be a child when your parents/we were your age?
49. What’s your favourite memory from previous Thanksgiving dinners?
50. If you could invite one historical figure to join us for Thanksgiving dinner, who would you choose?
51. Which superhero do you think would host the best Thanksgiving dinner?
52. Out of all the Disney characters, which one would you most like to have Thanksgiving with?
53. What’s the best Thanksgiving joke you know?
54. How much do you know about the history of Thanksgiving?
Next: Icebreaker Questions
55. If you had a pet turkey, what would you call it?
56. Do you think it would be fun to be part of a Thanksgiving day parade?
57. What’s the toy you’re most thankful for?
58. If you could never have to do one chore around the house again, which one would it be?
59. What’s the best gift you’ve ever been given?
60. Do you think Christmas or Thanksgiving is the better holiday?
61. Why do we celebrate Thanksgiving?
62. If you started your own rock band, what would you call it? What instrument would you play?
63. Do you enjoy spending time with your whole family on Thanksgiving?
64. Do you like helping out in the kitchen or not?
65. Which celebrity would you love to invite to Thanksgiving dinner?
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters about the Past Year
66. Over the past year, what are you most thankful for?
You might also like: Good questions to ask
67. What’s been the most challenging part of the past year for you?
68. Did you learn any new skills during the past year?
69. If you had to rate the past year on a scale of 1 to 10, what score would you give?
70. What’s the funniest thing that happened to you during the past year?
71. What’s one memory from the previous year you’ll cherish forever?
72. What’s the best book you’ve read over the past year?
73. Did you accomplish everything you set out to since the start of the year?
74. Did you do something you didn’t expect to do during the past year?
75. What surprised you the most about the past year?
76. Is there anything you’ve struggled with during the past year?
77. Has anything surprised you about the past year?
78. What are you most grateful for looking back on the past few years?
79. What brought you the most happiness this year?
80. What’s something you’ve done during the year that you’re most proud of?
Funny Thanksgiving Questions
81. Which superhero do you think would be able to eat the most at a Thanksgiving dinner?
Next: Random questions to ask
82. Would you rather eat the whole turkey by yourself or eat all the mashed potatoes by yourself?
83. What’s the best party game to play at Thanksgiving?
84. Have you ever eaten so much at Thanksgiving that you felt like throwing up?
85. Would you rather eat leftover mashed potatoes or stuffing?
86. Do you think the best part about Thanksgiving is watching football on TV?
87. Have you ever burnt Thanksgiving dinner before?
88. Do you think eating raw onion or uncooked corn on the cob would taste better?
89. Would you rather spend Thanksgiving on a farm or in a big city?
90. Would you rather eat a big bowl of stuffing or eat a whole pumpkin pie?
You might also like: Halloween conversation starters
91. Would you rather dress your pet as a corn cob or as a turkey for Thanksgiving?
92. Do you think it would be fun to go to the Thanksgiving Day parade in fancy dress?
93. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you recently?
94. Do you think the preparation for Thanksgiving dinner is as chaotic in the White House as it is here?
95. What’s your funniest Thanksgiving dinner story?
96. What’s the worst food you’ve ever had for Thanksgiving?
97. How long would it take you to eat a Thanksgiving dinner if you were the only person eating it?
98. Which animal would be the most annoying to have as a dinner guest?
99. Have you ever been tempted to start a food fight during Thanksgiving?
100. What’s the best Thanksgiving joke you know?
Looking For More Questions?
Interesting conversation topics – Have some more fascinating conversations with this list of talking points.
Questions to ask old people – Great questions to ask your grandparents or any seniors you know.
Rapid-fire questions – A quick set of questions that will lead to some interesting conversations.
Open-ended questions – If you want some deeper discussions, these are the questions to ask.
Campfire questions – Perfect questions to use when you’re outside around a cosy campfire!