These Halloween conversation starters are ideal if you’re looking for things to talk about during spooky season!
Halloween is one of the most fun nights of the year and these Halloween conversation questions will help you get in the mood with plenty of interesting talking points.
Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for ideas for a lesson plan or want to engage your kids in conversation, you’ll find plenty of excellent Halloween discussion questions below.
So let’s get into it and see what scary topics you enjoy!
Best Halloween Conversation Starters
- What’s your favorite thing about spooky season?
- How old were you when you first went trick or treating?
- What’s your favourite costume to dress up as for Halloween?
- How much do you know about the history of Halloween?
- Is Halloween a big holiday in your country?
- Have you ever visited a haunted house before?
- What’s the scariest story you know?
- What’s the worst thing you received when you went trick or treating?
- What are your plans for celebrating Halloween this year?
- What’s the oddest Halloween costume you’ve ever seen?
- Have you been to a Halloween party before?
- Is Halloween celebrated where you work?
- What’s your least favorite thing about Halloween?
- Would you rather visit a haunted house or a graveyard on Halloween?
- Do you make your own costumes for Halloween or do you buy/rent them?
You might also like:
- Christmas Conversation Starters
- Deep Conversation Starters
- Random Questions To Ask
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
- Never Have I Ever Questions For Teens
- Is Halloween mainly for kids or can adults enjoy it too?
- Do you think Halloween is too commercialized?
- If could turn anyone’s head into a pumpkin, who would it be and why?
- What’s the most haunted place you’ve ever visited?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What do you think it would be like if there really was a zombie apocalypse?
- Was there one character you never got to dress up as for Halloween when you were a kid?
- Did you read the Goosebumps books when you were younger? Which one was your favorite?
- If you could give yourself a Halloween-themed name, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite Halloween activity to do with friends?
- What’s your favorite scary movie to watch on Halloween?
- Is there a Halloween villain you secretly admire?
- What’s your favorite type of candy?
- What’s the scariest thing that’s ever happened?
- Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain?
You might also like: Dinner Conversation Starters
- Would you rather be bitten by a zombie or abducted by aliens?
- If you had children, would you let them go trick or treating?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- What’s a Halloween tradition that’s popular in your country?
- Do you enjoy Halloween or do you not like it?
- Do you think clowns or witches are scarier?
- Would Halloween have been scarier in the past or not?
- Do you decorate your house at Halloween?
- Why do you think Halloween is so popular?
- If you were a witch, who would you cast a spell upon? Would it be a good or a bad spell?
- If you could fly on a broom, where would you fly to first?
- Do you know in which country Halloween originated?
- At what age do you think you become too old to go trick or treating?
- What’s the best food to eat at Halloween?
- Have you boobed for apples before?
- Do you like to carve scary or friendly pumpkins?
- Compared to Easter and Christmas, do you think Halloween is better or worse?
- Do you always open your door to trick-or-treaters?
- What do you do with the seeds from your pumpkins?
- Do you think Halloween should become a public holiday?
- Do you prefer to watch movies with zombies or vampires?
- If you were in a horror movie, how would you ensure you survived?
- What do you think is a good costume couples can wear for Halloween?
- Do you think it would be more fun to be a witch or a vampire?
- Is there somewhere in your hometown that’s supposedly haunted?
- Do you think you could spend Halloween night sleeping in a cemetery?
- What mythical creature would you not like to run into in the dark?
- Have you ever used an Ouija Board before?
- What’s the scariest urban legend you know?
- What’s your favorite scary book?
Looking For More Questions?
Conversation Starters – If you want more talking points, then this mega set of conversation starters has plenty to choose from!
Two Truths and a Lie – Have some fun with your friends with this party game everyone will love!
Unanswerable Questions – A fitting set of questions for spooky season!
Funny Conversation Starters – Guaranteed to make anyone you ask howl with laughter!
This or That Questions – A fun game you can play with friends at a Halloween party.