Whether you’re a new couple or you’ve been together for a while, these get to know you questions for couples will allow you to better understand your partner.
We’ve selected a variety of questions that will help you develop a more intimate connection with your partner and take your relationship to the next level.
We have funny get to know you questions for couples, serious ones and some that are more random in nature.
No matter what questions you decide to ask, there’s no doubt the two of you will feel closer after you’ve both answered them!
Get To Know You Questions For Couples List
1. What type of parent do you think you would be?
2. Do you think a couple can be together if they have differing world views?
3. Where do you see us as a couple in 5 years?
4. What did you learn growing up that you’d like to pass on to your children?
5. What activity do you like to do so much you get lost in the moment?
6. How could I be more helpful or supportive in our relationship?
7. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
8. What aspects of the way we communicate do you feel we could improve?
9. If we could move to any country in the world, which one would you choose?
10. Do you think it’s bad if there’s a phase of no sex in a relationship?
You might also like:
- Never have I ever questions for couples
- Relationship questions for couples
- How well do you know me questions for couples
- Fun couple questions
- Yes or no questions for couples
11. What place do you dream of that you would love for us to go and visit together?
12. What has been your most significant learning curve through relationships?
13. When did you first realise you had feelings for me and wanted more from our connection?
14. Do you feel like we have good chemistry and are sexually intimate enough?
15. If you could donate $1 million dollars to a charity of your choice, which one would you donate to?
16. What have you learned more about yourself as a result of being with me?
17. Do you think it’s normal for couples to set date nights, or do you prefer a more relaxed approach?
18. What do you love most that I cook for you?
You might also like: Truth or drink questions for couples
19. When you’re alone with no company, what’s your favourite thing to do?
20. If you could spend a month in any country, which one would it be?
21. What’s something you had an irrational fear of when you were a child?
22. What’s one thing we need to focus on more in our relationship?
23. Is there anything about me and you that needs work?
24. What’s the hardest life lesson you’ve had to endure so far?
25. Do you feel that you can be totally honest with me?
26. Is there anything between us from a previous argument that hasn’t really ever left you?
27. What do you feel are your best and worst traits?
28. When you were younger, what did you want to do when you grew up?
29. If there’s one skill you could improve overnight, what would it be?
30. Do you feel like you can be vulnerable around me?
31. Do you feel you’re honest about your fears and nerves with me?
32. Who did you admire the most when you were growing up?
33. Out of your family members, who inspires you the most?
34. Do you feel you’ve got any unresolved childhood traumas you would like to face?
35. Is your life now the way you imagined it to be five years ago?
36. Have you ever had therapy, and did it help?
37. What are your political opinions about the current state of affairs?
38. Where do you see yourself as an individual in 5 years?
39. Would it be a deal-breaker if we were to disagree on world affairs?
40. Do you think we would make good parents?
41. What would be our parenting style?
42. What are your hopes and dreams for the year ahead?
43. Is it essential to you to be married before you bring children into this world?
44. Would you consider fostering a child?
45. Is there anything about me that’s a mystery to you?
46. How do you describe romance?
47. Do you believe in God or a Spiritual Source higher than ourselves?
48. Do you feel like you are a spiritual person?
49. Have you ever done any spiritual work or self-development?
50. Do you believe in manifestation?
51. Have you ever manifested anything?
52. Do you think intelligence or kindness is a better trait to have?
53. Have you ever been cheated on?
54. Have you ever cheated on a previous partner?
You might also like: Intimate questions to ask your partner
55. Do you remember your first intimate experience?
56. Were you pleased with your first experience?
57. What would you change about your first encounters?
58. Did you enjoy sex the first time you had it?
59. What was the first thing about my physical body that caught your eye?
60. Do you think renting a house or buying a home is something you prefer?
61. If money was no object, what would your ideal day look like?
62. What have you learned about yourself in the last year?
63. What’s your definition of amazing sex?
64. Do you have any regrets?
65. How did you find out that Santa wasn’t real?
66. Do you prefer hotter or colder climates?
67. What one thing about yourself do you not like but would never be able to change?
68. Who was your first love?
69. Do you follow astrology, and if so, what do you know about your sign?
70. Do you feel your zodiac sign well describes you?
71. Do you feel comfortable financially?
72. What are your ideal financial targets?
73. Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
74. Have you ever had a physical fight or stopped one?
75. Have you ever done a good deed? If so, what was it?
76. Do you feel you’re a kind person?
77. Do you enjoy receiving gifts or spending time together?
78. What animal do you feel you are most like?
79. What animal do you think that I am most like?
80. Which song would you pick to describe our connection?
81. Do you prefer having music turned on while doing it?
82. Do you like to have sex in the water?
83. Do you admire any famous couples?
84. Do you feel like we are a power couple? What does that term mean to you?
85. Do you feel you’re close to your closest friends, as in, do you tell them your darkest secrets?
86. Have you ever felt like you have suffered mentally?
87. Would you be annoyed if I unexpectedly turned up at your house one day?
88. Do you prefer lots of foreplay or are you not bothered?
89. Do you have any strange naughty fantasies?
90. What is something that you would like me to wear one day to turn you on?
You might also like: Date night questions
91. What’s your favourite thing about me and you?
92. Do you ever have vivid dreams, and if so, what are they about?
93. Do you consider yourself generous?
94. What’s the most generous thing you have ever done?
95. Do you feel like you’re good at setting boundaries and saying no?
96. What’s one superpower you would have, and what would you do?
97. What would you do if you were the opposite gender for one day?
98. Have you got any grudges that you’ve held for a long time?
99. What’s something in this world that’s legal, but you disagree with?
100. Do you feel like you do enough for the environment?
101. Have you ever volunteered? If so, where?
102. If you haven’t volunteered, would you like to?
103. Do you prefer to be around people or animals?
104. Do you think you’re a confident person?
105. Are you a secret introvert, or do you love to be around people?
106. Do you believe in fate or that we are the creators of our own reality?
107. What are your thoughts about the death penalty?
108. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the winnings?
You might also like: Couples challenge questions
109. Who’s the kindest person you have ever met?
110. Who’s the happiest person you know, and what do you think makes them happy?
111. Who’s the biggest risk-taker out of the two of us?
112. Do you consider yourself to be adventurous?
113. Do you think you’re good at dealing with anger?
114. Do you think you’re good at saying sorry, or are you stubborn?
115. What gestures from me do you enjoy and appreciate?
116. Do you feel like you could do more to look after your health?
117. Is there anything you dream of doing that has always scared you, so you’ve avoided it?
118. Do you feel like your choices in life have been purely yours or have people around you influenced you?
119. Do you feel you speak your mind or are you nervous about what others would think?
120. Is there anything you hate talking about?
121. What topic of conversation makes you feel the most uncomfortable?
122. Is there anything you love to talk about that makes you feel so passionate?
123. What are you like when you’re tired? Do you feel you handle it well?
124. What’s your favorite landscape?
125. What place is the most nostalgic to you?
126. Can you sing or dance, and if not, which would you prefer to be able to do?
127. Do you ever think lying is a good idea, even if it is a white lie?
128. What’s your opinion on the death penalty?
129. What’s the best advice you have ever received?
130. Would you class yourself as a procrastinator?
131. How many times have you been in love?
132. Is there anything that makes you angry that you’ve never been able to feel calm about?
133. Do you consider yourself to have any enemies?
134. Were you popular in school?
135. What was your experience of school like?
136. Do you think you’re good at working in a team or better at working on something on your own?
137. What type of wedding would you want?
138. Do you believe in sending kids to private school (if the money was available)?
139. What’s your opinion on moving abroad to another country?
140. Have you ever lived in a busy city apartment?
141. What do you feel about combining money or having a joint bank account?
142. What would your reaction be if I surprised you with a new kitten or puppy?
143. Do you believe in being a strict parent, or would you prefer a more lenient approach?
144. What are you like in the mornings? Do you wake up quickly, or are you more of a lie-in-bed all-day type of person?
145. Are you clean in your house, or do you get relaxed and leave the cleaning until the last minute?
146. Do you enjoy cooking, and if so, what’s your favorite meal to cook?
147. What’s your love language?
148. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
149. Have you ever had a stalker or an ex who wouldn’t leave you alone?
150. Have you ever had to break up sex with an ex, and if so, did it make things messy?
Looking For More Questions?
Would you rather questions for couples – These questions will have the two of you laughing for hours and hours!
Long distance relationship questions – If your partner is in another country, here are some questions you can ask next time you speak.
Sex questions for couples – Want to take the conversation up a notch? Try out some of these questions and watch what happens!
Tom is a travel writer and Co-Founder of Questions About Everything. He grew up in the UK and enjoys spending his time traveling to new places, supporting Liverpool FC, and blogging about his adventures. He spent two years teaching English in Barcelona and frequently utilized question games and conversation starters as part of his lesson plans. Learn more about Tom on our About page.